PDA

View Full Version : JJ Stop and Go Heads Up Hand...

Malachii
04-16-2005, 07:52 PM
I was playing heads up with my friend the other day after a cash game in which I got stuck and wanted to get my money back. I had about 19$ infront of me and he had about 23$.

NL Heads Up

Hero has J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are .20 and .40 cents

Villain raises on the button to 1$, Hero (in small blind) reraises 3$ More. Villain calls.

Hero announces he is all in in the dark.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villian calls with 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif-8 /images/graemlins/club.gif and proceeds to river a third eight. Hero is busted.

I'm pretty sure that the stop and go was the correct way to play this, given that I was out of position, if both villain and I were of equal ability. However, villian is a far inferior player to me, and I could have grinded him down with little or no risk had we kept playing. Is there any way I could've played this hand with less risk and still played correctly, or was my play correct and I simply got outflopped?

mperich
04-16-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way I could've played this hand with less risk

[/ QUOTE ]

See a flop maybe????? Even if you are going to stop and go no matter what, don't do it in the dark, thats silly.

-Mike

PassiveCaller
04-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Why the all in, in the dark? At that point it seems like he'll only call with a pretty good hand and get away easy when he misses.

The fact that you believe you have an advantage over him seems to weigh in more heavily against this as well.