PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Hustle

Blarg
04-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Anyone seen it yet? It's by the guy who did Shaolin Soccer, which is pretty damn funny and imaginative and cool.

I'm wondering if this one came out okay too.

pshreck
04-16-2005, 06:25 PM
The fighting is great, but American audiences won't be laughing at this. The humor missed me most of the time, I would be like "Oh I was supposed to laugh there, that wasn't really more than mildly funny"

tdarko
04-16-2005, 06:26 PM
so don't go see it?

pshreck
04-16-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so don't go see it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in theaters, no.

Blarg
04-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Okay, thanks.

wonderwes
04-16-2005, 09:47 PM
85% fresh on rottentomatoes. That is quite an impressive score

Link (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kung_fu_hustle/)

Alobar
04-16-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fighting is great, but American audiences won't be laughing at this. The humor missed me most of the time, I would be like "Oh I was supposed to laugh there, that wasn't really more than mildly funny"

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you see it? It's out in other parts of the world?

I havent decided if it looks like it could be good, or just really dumb.....obviously my impressions are just from the previews tho

pshreck
04-16-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent decided if it looks like it could be good, or just really dumb.....obviously my impressions are just from the previews tho

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend is asian.

We dumb Americans dont realize you can get access to all these Asian flicks, legally, years before they are released here. Same for Hero, Crouching Tiger, etc...

Alobar
04-16-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend is asian.

We dumb Americans dont realize you can get access to all these Asian flicks, legally, years before they are released here. Same for Hero, Crouching Tiger, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

chalk me up as a dumb american, I didnt realize these movies were out years before their release in ameica.

What are some other good ones that havent made their way over here yet?

pshreck
04-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, Im the dumb american too.

I cant think of others right now, but for example I saw Shaolin Soccer way before it came out here, same with Hero, House of Flying Daggers.

If you haven't see Infernal Affairs, DEFINETLY see that, best asian flick I have seen yet.

MicroBob
04-16-2005, 11:32 PM
I kind of liked the kung-fu parody movie from 2 or 3 years ago that I think was called 'Kung Pao: enter the fist' or something like that.
Some fairly funny bits in there.
him fighting the cow was the least funny I thought. But some of the intentionally bad dubbing was pretty funny...as was the one-boob chick and the 'Betty' guy.

I can't tell if Kung Fu Hustle looks good or not but I might check it out if I have nothing better to do .

pshreck
04-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Let me make a point about it...

it is REALLY slapstick. Like one of the 'jokes' is when the main character is fighting, he stamps on the foot of like 6 guys in front of him, all who grab their feet in pain. I just didn't find stuff like that funny.