PDA

View Full Version : 98s from MP1

Hoi Polloi
04-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Some things didn't go my way here. I was looking to c/r the flop. When I picked up the OESD on the turn I checked hoping for overcalls. Oh, well. My lack of aggression did get a river bet though. Thoughts welcome.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, Button folds.

River: (6.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Entity
04-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't like the preflop limp at all. I'd bet the flop and give MP2 a chance to raise to thin -- I don't like checkraising 2nd pair on this sort of board.

Turn and river are fine.

mantasm
04-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't like the open limp from middle position, especially 8 handed.

I don't like checkraising the flop, you're not shutting anyone out and you don't have a strong draw. If you want to continue, you should bet and hope MP2 raises missed overcards. This would change the turn action.

mantasm
04-16-2005, 05:49 PM
You beat me.

brimstone1
04-16-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't like checkraising the flop, you're not shutting anyone out and you don't have a strong draw. If you want to continue, you should bet and hope MP2 raises missed overcards. This would change the turn action.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean he should've folded?

mantasm
04-16-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop, yes, probably. I think a raise would be better than a limp if everyone behind him is tight, but I fold here almost always. The turn, no.

Hoi Polloi
04-16-2005, 06:24 PM
I would typically fold this hand pre-flop. But I have been trying to get my VPIP up: it's around 13%.

This is a hand I thought I should perhaps be playing. Better with a couple of limpers already in?

Luv2DriveTT
04-16-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the average 5/10 8 handed table this is an open raise or fold situation. Limping is weak...

PS: I'm a fish, I raise the turn... guess why?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

mantasm
04-16-2005, 06:27 PM
I had a vpip problem at full ring too. Most of the advice I read was to work on finding more hands to open raise with from middle and late positions (like middle pairs in mp) and hands to limp behind limpers with in late position. I still couldn't get it much past 15 though, so I can't help much there.

Entity
04-16-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would typically fold this hand pre-flop. But I have been trying to get my VPIP up: it's around 13%.

This is a hand I thought I should perhaps be playing. Better with a couple of limpers already in?

[/ QUOTE ]

You want this hand with position, most importantly. You also want limpers. You have neither here in an 8-handed game. Mucky preflop.

Rob

Hoi Polloi
04-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I think that's right.

Hoi Polloi
04-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I like to pick on the under age players. Nice hand.