PDA

View Full Version : Which of these did I win? Which did I lose?

keikiwai
04-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Which one did I win?

Which one did I lose?

These two hands are at the same table.

Table is ok loose 3-5 people in each pot. Preflop raising is crazy espesically CO hand 1 (folded) = BB hand 2. This guy re-raised 88 from EP, and raised w/ complete trash sometimes. Rasied almost ever other or 3rd hand. If he didn't raise someone else usually did. Re-raises common pf.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

I call 2 cold, but w/ pocket pairs against a table where raising is SOP I think that's fine. I was going to see if I hit the flop w/ a set and fold if I don't.

Flop: (15.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

7 outs against a flush. Re-raise?

Turn: (11.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

10 outs against a flush. Looking good, the battle field quiets down...

River: (15.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks.....

DOH!!! No outs against flush, so I check...

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

-----------------------------------

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls $0.25 (All-In), UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

UTG is almost all in so I re-raise to get him all-in in case he has a K, so I can go for the side pot against Mr. Re-raise 88 ep, maniac will raise w/ anything. He limped in from BB, so he must have 27o or some trash.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.....

Looking good. If I was ahead flop I'm still ahead. I bet and he merely calls. Encouraging.

River: (8.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

I'm still ahead if I was at the flop... Rasing for value.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

MrWookie47
04-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Bet the river in hand 1. Clarkmeister's theorem and all...

Edit: There are few other things. I 3bet the flop in hand 1. You have a set, and a flush is not a given. Once you call, I don't like the SnG on the turn.

istewart
04-16-2005, 04:24 PM
I think Clarkmeister's Theorem applies to more marginal hands, like a pair of jacks or something.

keikiwai
04-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah.... 3 bet the flop....

I do that a lot. I raise, call the re-raise and then lead the turn... I'm trying to drop the habit, thanks.

If I'm beat it's cheaper to re-raise on the flop, and if I'm capped call and check fold the turn, then calling the flop re-raise, leading the turn and facing a possible turn re-raise.

mannika
04-16-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river in hand 1. Clarkmeister's theorem and all...

Edit: There are few other things. I 3bet the flop in hand 1. You have a set, and a flush is not a given. Once you call, I don't like the SnG on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought the theorem only applied to HU situations?

MrWookie47
04-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Gah, you're right. I misread the action. Never mind. Good river check.

Score yet another stupidity point for me.