PDA

View Full Version : The Game Was Shorthanded

rory
04-16-2005, 03:42 PM
The game was shorthanded, but just got full. So I don't know what forum to post in.

The lineup:

Tight passive guy in EP. I've played about 300 hands with him. His VPIP is 20%, and that is mostly shorthanded (3-5 players). He is a pretty weird player-- almost never raises preflop. He doesn't push his hands postflop either, but I have seen him bet draws and bluff at scary cards occasionally. He does not value bet much.

My LHO posted in the CO. I have no idea how he plays, this is my first hand with him.

UTG (tight passive weird guy) limps, CO poster checks, I limp on the button with A7o. SB completes, BB checks.

Flop is ATT, two spades. UTG bets, CO poster calls, I fold.

Victor
04-16-2005, 03:56 PM
ugh. i ahte the flop limp. but i like the fold.

ISF
04-16-2005, 04:06 PM
With the overcall I think this is a good fold.

sublime
04-16-2005, 04:58 PM
the flop fold is very nice. the overcall doesnt bother me, its the UTG guy betting and you not closing the action.

with 'this guys' utg limp, dont you have to question your limp preflop?

rory
04-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm the button.

helpmeout
04-16-2005, 09:09 PM
The button doesnt turn [censored] into gold.

sthief09
04-17-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's tight postflop, ie he'll fold a better hand if you bet a 553 flop, then I think position is enough to make your showdown-able hand worth playing there. control over the guy is worth as mucha s the button

sublime
04-17-2005, 12:37 AM
if he's tight postflop, ie he'll fold a better hand if you bet a 553 flop, then I think position is enough to make your showdown-able hand worth playing there. control over the guy is worth as mucha s the button

there is going to be at least two other players in the pot though.

DrGutshot
04-17-2005, 02:49 AM
I'll join the "I love the flop fold, but hate the preflop limp" bus.

I've learned the game hearing that limping with weak aces is asking for trouble...reasoning being in the whole: if you catch your pair of aces, you will only get paid off by an ace with a better kicker."

maybe this is giving the opponents too much credit?

-DrG

rory
04-17-2005, 02:56 AM
I don't know about you, but I see guys paying off my aces all the time with a lot less. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Against this guy maybe the preflop limp is bad though. The thing is, I won't be paying him off with my bad ace. Hence the fold.