PDA

View Full Version : Help me get out of this hand

Fredrik
04-16-2005, 03:38 PM
SB loose aggressive (40/20). MP1 loose passive (40/4).

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (19 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB

It's obvious that I'm behind. But when should I have left?

At flop when it was reraised fearing 99 or two-paired?

At turn when the suspected two-pair became a probable boat?

At river when my Q didn't show up?

MrWookie47
04-16-2005, 03:55 PM
I think you should have 3bet the turn because it is not obvious you're behind. SB could be overplaying an overpair, and MP1 may have a T, but you likely have him dominated. Even then, you have 8 outs against T4, 5 outs against T9, 9 outs against KT or AT, and 7 outs against 99, although some of these outs are outs to chop. I wouldn't think about folding until the river once you hit the T on the turn, and even then, I think you should show this down once the pot is so huge.

Saint_D
04-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Call the flop bet. Your top pair decent kicker is probably good but isn't strong enough to raise.

The turn is tough. I would think MP1 also has a T and quite likely saw 2 pair on the flop. The pot is on the big side. I honestly don't know what to do here.

I don't think that A changes things much on the river. You are just playing the turn over again. Trips is strong, but MP1 is representing at least trips. He might fold a low full house to a bet. Probably not. The pot has gotten big here, so folding is probably bad.

The Legend
04-16-2005, 04:17 PM
On the flop you probably have the best hand here, the pot is large, so you protect it. A raise here will only make one person, the pre-flop raiser SB, call two cold(which he probably will since he sucks), and the others' only will have to call one cold... so they have odds to call gutshots and the what not. So I call. I would also call SB's raise, although I'm probably losing to an overpair, but have outs to draw.

On the turn, MP1 either slowplayed a set and just filled up, has hit trips(with most likely a lower kicker), or is just on crack. I like the raise here, you most likely are best vs. two with no flush or straights possible. I would cap. MP1 calling here signals to me lower trips...

River, the ace may have just given SB a set... who knows, I would simply call down and see what happens. I think the pot is giving you the odds you need (21 to 2 and then 27 to 1)

So, i wouldn't raise the flop, I would cap the turn, and the pre-flop call i don't know about( my pre-flop skills aren't so good. My nunchuk skills are flippin sweet though)

BriPlay
04-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the post.
I'm not sure you dont have the best hand here the whole time. here's what im thinking.
SB is LOOSE aggressive...so PF raise could be lets say 66-AA, KJs or o, KQs or o, AJs or o, ATs, A9s, A8s, or others.
PF: call just like you did
Flop: I like the raise, and yes call the 3 bet. You may still be ahead here to AQ or AK, or behind to overpair (my guess-JJ or AA).
Turn: MP1 leading is disconcerting, he may T, may have slowplayed a set with SB going crazy, or yes he could have T9. Your gonna call though..and the pot is getting huge.
If he has T you have outs to improve, but may need a Q on river. Hold your nose and call. I might even think about raising since (a) SB is gonna cap anyhow (b) showing some strength might give you read on MP+1
River: I think you have to call. MP+1 slowing down is a good sign, but expect 99 from SB
Brian

cmwck
04-16-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't understand any of this.

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop you probably have the best hand here, the pot is large, so you protect it. A raise here will only make one person, the pre-flop raiser SB, call two cold(which he probably will since he sucks), and the others' only will have to call one cold... so they have odds to call gutshots and the what not. So I call. I would also call SB's raise, although I'm probably losing to an overpair, but have outs to draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop will make nobody call two cold. Everyone will be calling just one bet.

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, MP1 either slowplayed a set and just filled up, has hit trips(with most likely a lower kicker), or is just on crack. I like the raise here, you most likely are best vs. two with no flush or straights possible. I would cap. MP1 calling here signals to me lower trips...

[/ QUOTE ]

How can hero cap? It was bet and raised to him so all he can do is 3-bet. If you mean hero should call the reraise and then cap once it gets 3-bet, this makes NO sense whatsoever.

imported_leader
04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
I'd fold preflop. I hate QTo. I've lost so much unnecessarily with that hand. It’s dominated by 10 other hands. 5 of which (AT, KQ, KT, QJ, TT) passive players will often limp with. Maybe I'm just not a good enough post flop player, yet. Since you called, I'd have played the flop the same. It sucks but you can get away from the hand after that. On the turn you have trips with third kicker. Any T, 9, 4, Q on the river makes you the virtual nuts. A call really doesn't work for me here. So 3-bet it. If SB caps try to see the show down as cheaply as possible.

Fredrik
04-17-2005, 06:49 AM
I admire your card-reading skills.

I didn't win it; but that was because my Q kicker wasn't enough for MP1s K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

McGahee
04-17-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop. I hate QTo. I've lost so much unnecessarily with that hand. It’s dominated by 10 other hands. 5 of which (AT, KQ, KT, QJ, TT) passive players will often limp with. Maybe I'm just not a good enough post flop player, yet. Since you called, I'd have played the flop the same. It sucks but you can get away from the hand after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. Nobody else folds this PF?

Redd
04-17-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play it.

Aaron W.
04-17-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop. I hate QTo. I've lost so much unnecessarily with that hand. It’s dominated by 10 other hands. 5 of which (AT, KQ, KT, QJ, TT) passive players will often limp with. Maybe I'm just not a good enough post flop player, yet. Since you called, I'd have played the flop the same. It sucks but you can get away from the hand after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Look at the stats:

[ QUOTE ]
SB loose aggressive (40/20). MP1 loose passive (40/4).

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this were over a span of 30-40 hands, it's more than enough to say that you don't need to be too worried about being dominated.

jookiebrown
04-17-2005, 11:50 PM
i dump it preflop also. not so much worried about being dominated but i dont like QTo for one bet, let alone 2. I don't consider myself a tight player either.

aK13
04-17-2005, 11:55 PM
I suggest raising or folding preflop. Raise to knock out the blinds.

I also agree that a 3bet on the turn is probably good. If it's capped and MP2 calls, then you know you're behind for sure, and can fold to that raise on the river.

EDIT: I would fold preflop, but I'm slightly tight, around 18%.