PDA

View Full Version : A set on a scary board

wuwei
04-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Too early for a read. This is a 20+2.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 (t775)
CO (t1090)
Button (t865)
SB (t725)
BB (t810)
UTG (t575)
Hero (t800)
UTG+2 (t740)
MP1 (t785)
MP2 (t835)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t57.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to t80</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls t40.

Turn: (t217.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to t250</font>, Hero calls t125.

River: (t717.50) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 pushes for 395</font>, Hero folds.

R_Brite_TDX
04-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Re-raise the flop definetly. As far as the rest goes I guess you played it allright except i may have pushed myself on the turn and put him to the decision hoping he didnt have the straight but even so uve still got 9 outs for the full house so I think its an ok push. You may even be ahead of a7 or 2 pair.

TruFloridaGator
04-16-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise the flop definetly. As far as the rest goes I guess you played it allright except i may have pushed myself on the turn and put him to the decision hoping he didnt have the straight but even so uve still got 9 outs for the full house so I think its an ok push. You may even be ahead of a7 or 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Blarg
04-17-2005, 04:51 AM
If you call the turn raise, you've already put $375 in, which is basically half your $800 stack. And you have a street yet to come. There wouldn't be much point to folding on the river at this point, so you can assume your whole stack is going in the middle, or close enough that you're basically dead.

That being the case, if the turn raise doesn't make you fold, then it seems to me you should push. Either fold or push.

It seems to me that his min-reraise on the flop is representing a semi-bluff for a free card, top pair good kicker, a medium pair higher than 7's, two pair, or trips most likely, although a draw bet for value instead of for a free card is a possibility I suppose. Of those hands, you are beaten on the flop only by trip 7's and on the turn only by trips 7's, a flush, or 64, which would be a very strange hand to call from UTG+2 with even if it was suited. So you're facing only two hands that beat you which might have reraised you on the flop, and a whole bunch that had reason to raise you on the flop but are now behind. The river adds any 4 as a hand to beat you.

I still don't put him on the straight because any holding with a 4 besides a pair of 4's would be a lousy call PF UTG+2, and a pair of 4's isn't a raising hand on the flop, especially with people still waiting to act behind.

I'm putting him on two high suited or trips, one of which you beat and one of which you don't.

You're probably beat here, but if the turn is worth a call, it seems worth a push. I think the flop was worth a good size raise, too, since villain already showed he was interested in the pot and would probably pay more to stay in it. The river is a mess.