PDA

View Full Version : semi-bluff the turn?

jba
04-16-2005, 01:02 PM
first of all note this is one of the new party 9max tables, but it's shorthanded. I've noticed this a LOT on these new tables, they don't seem to stay full long. I've been playing a lot of 6max lately, so I like this situation.
no solid reads, other than they're all too loose.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>

Entity
04-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Bet. I think it's more a value-bluff than a semi-bluff.

Greg J
04-16-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this answers the question you posed in yr title.

Semibluffing frequency should go down as 1) yr opponents are looser, 2) the more there are of them (there are three here). A semibluff has litle chance to work here.

You are misapplying the concept, but don't worry -- you are not alone. MANY new players have no idea when or how to semibluff.

jba
04-16-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this answers the question you posed in yr title.

Semibluffing frequency should go down as 1) yr opponents are looser, 2) the more there are of them (there are three here). A semibluff has litle chance to work here.

You are misapplying the concept, but don't worry -- you are not alone. MANY new players have no idea when or how to semibluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

the difference between a bluff and a semi-bluff is, you don't necessarily mind calls. A bluff is a failure if someone calls.

do you think a bet here is EV- if anyone calls?

is the new player thing a dig of some sort?

Entity
04-16-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

do you think a bet here is EV- if anyone calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get one caller, it's not terrible, but it's not fun. Two or more callers is ok.

Rob

AngelicPenguin
04-16-2005, 02:13 PM
I'd check b/c the pot is small, but I'm not too good at loosening up when the game get short-handed.