PDA

View Full Version : Totally lost on this AT

BatsShadow
04-16-2005, 12:47 PM
I was lost most of the time on this one. The only good read I had was that BB was really bad call station. UTG hadn't done anything spectacular. CO just sat down 1 hand ago.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.20 BB

I think I went a little too nuts on the flop, and not sure if I should've called the river.

Any advice on all streets would be helpful.

TimsterToo
04-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Maybe you should have raised the turn after you checked. That would make it less interesting pot odd wise for someone on the flush draw.

You were absolutely right betting the river with such a big pot!

FishHooks
04-16-2005, 01:10 PM
I proboly would of just called the 3 bet flop raise, and bet out on the turn hoping he would raise to knock the rest of the field out.

grjr
04-16-2005, 01:29 PM
I call the raise on the flop and lead out a non-club turn. Call a turn raise and check/call the river.

Is it better to 3 bet the flop though since you have 2 people sucking along?

BatsShadow
04-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Anyone care to guess what they all had? (Hint: It's really hard)

I'll post the results in an hour or two.

Dave G.
04-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't mind the flop 3-bet, actually. You've got two people coming along for the ride padding the pot with whatever garbage they've got, and you might still be good. I'd probably slow down after he caps as well. I think you played it fine. Definitely don't fold the river, you have top pair in a big pot with an only mildly scary board and it's one bet.

Dave G.
04-16-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should have raised the turn after you checked. That would make it less interesting pot odd wise for someone on the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make any sense. The bet comes from Hero's immediate left. Check-raising this turn doesn't knock anyone out, it just forces them all to call one more bet (CO can 3-bet as well, of course). Additionally anyone on a flush draw has correct odds to call regardless of what you try to do so forget about the flushes and just play your hand. Check-raising this turn after playing the flop like this would be pretty bad.

BriPlay
04-16-2005, 01:51 PM
you raised PF and CO is Still jamming this flop.
He could be inlove with lesser Ace, but A9 is real possibility as is 99.
call his raise on flop, given the turnandriver id call him down.
folding river would be a huge mistake.

Brian

AngelicPenguin
04-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I think you played it fine. I might not have 3-bet, but I don't see that that is terribly bad with 2 guys stuck. You will probably see A9 or A5 or 99 or 55, but I think calling this down is necessary since the pot is large. Definately can't fold the river for one bet!

xenthebrain
04-16-2005, 02:21 PM
I don't think 3-betting the flop is a mistake.
You could easily have the best hand at this moment and he might just value bet his flush draw. After the cap the check/call strategy is fine imo.

Don't even consider folding this on the river. Even if he has you outkicked or someone got his flush. Don't fold a decent hand like TPGK for one bet on the river in this huge pot. You get 1 to 21 on your call!

BatsShadow
04-16-2005, 05:32 PM
These still blow my mind. I think this is a good lesson...never over-estimate weak opponents.

CO shows Q-high Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif - bluffing against 3 callers??
BB was his usual call station self with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif for a pair of 9s
UTG had a respectable but pretty obviously beaten J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif - why didn't he ever bet his hand?

MHIG!

What are these guys thinking?