PDA

View Full Version : 12 days in Denver

degenerategambler
04-16-2005, 10:27 AM
12 days in Denver with limited free time. What should I do/see? Any suggestions?

HDPM
04-16-2005, 12:00 PM
What do you like to do, where are you staying?

If you play golf the denver muni courses are good and have a new reservation system that is a lot better than what they used to do. Play Wellshire, a Donald Ross course that started as a private club, or play City Park for views of the mountains and downtown. I think it's $24 at either one.

Drinks at the Cruise Room Bar at the Oxford Hotel.

Shopping in Cherry Creek. tattered cover a great bookstore.

A thread in B&M forum had some discussion on denver. We debated mexican restaurants, etc.... Disagreement on Mexican restaurants, LOL. The old neighborhood northwest of downtown is coming around I think. There are a bunch of restaurants I like over there, but I looked in a book and saw that there are some new ones that have opened since I left. If you have a car there, you will be able to find a bunch of good places.

If you like baseball, coors field is a nice place to watch a game. Lots of stuff near the ball park.

Usual touristy stuff, Mint, museums etc....

lucas9000
04-16-2005, 03:05 PM
go to a nuggets game!

lucas9000
04-16-2005, 03:07 PM
also if you play poker, there are TONS of soft games in denver and the area. don't go to blackhawk/central city though. that's a complete waste of time.