PDA

View Full Version : TT gets into trouble

Lmn55d
04-16-2005, 08:11 AM
SB was all in after flop. Does anyone fold the turn here? Also, how bad is my river bluff (hoping he'll fold JJ-KK)?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

goodguy_1
04-16-2005, 08:25 AM
I would bet the turn again and call a turn raise if you dont have a good read on this player...if he is solid you could muck but in most instances I bet the turn call a raise on the turn and check-call the river.By betting into him on the river and mucking to a re-raise you dont even get to see a showdown..I dont like the river play.I like betting the turn into him...but if you get to the river on any play you gotta see a showdown in my opinion.You arent making a bluff he's trying to either run you off the flop with overcards or he has you beat.Most likely he has AA-JJ..but I dont like not seeing a showdown after giving all that action-really player specific..If he is very tight you could muck to a raise on the turn but that's giving him alot of respect.How has this opponent played up to this point?

NLSoldier
04-16-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn again and call a turn raise if you dont have a good read on this player...if he is solid you could muck but in most instances I bet the turn call a raise on the turn and check-call the river.By betting into him on the river and mucking to a re-raise you dont even get to see a showdown..I dont like the river play.I like betting the turn into him...but if you get to the river on any play you gotta see a showdown in my opinion.You arent making a bluff he's trying to either run you off the flop with overcards or he has you beat.Most likely he has AA-JJ..but I dont like not seeing a showdown after giving all that action-really player specific..If he is very tight you could muck to a raise on the turn but that's giving him alot of respect.How has this opponent played up to this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you didnt notice there were quads on the board? Check calling the river is obviously horrible.

I actually like the river bet because he may find a fold with QQ or JJ. Given that, I think you can almost just check fold the turn barring a read that this guy is overly LAG. People generally dont go this crazy on the flop with just overcards when theres a pair on the board.

goodguy_1
04-16-2005, 08:42 AM
yes oops you are absoluely right my bad-didnt look at the river obviously..

goodguy_1
04-16-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can almost just check fold the turn barring a read that this guy is overly LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]
check fold the turn imo is too weak, you can bet the turn and fold to a raise or check/call the river and turn but to check and muck is horrificly weak unless you know this guy is a rock..