PDA

View Full Version : TT flops monster

brimstone1
04-16-2005, 05:38 AM
MP3 is classic/default LAP (42%/9.52%/0.45), the rest of the table is just good ol' loose, they don't make much of a difference in this hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: brimstone is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, brimstone calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

[Is not raising a mistake? The table had over a 30% VP$IP average, and most of the players were quite passive/loose, with TT, against this field, I felt that I had to hit my hand rather than worry about reducing the field. Most of the table will cold-call with almost anything anyway]

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">brimstone bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

[I played this straight out, with the whole table in the hand, I figured some would most definitely stick around--although probably giving the flush draws a chance to hit their hands might make sense in the long run, just to collect some extra bets. But given the fact that this sort of hand is so rare, I don't think it matters too much]

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">brimstone bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB folds.

[I thought some dumb-ass might've hit his 89o straight, and that he'd be willing to open his pockets to me, perhaps I was the dumb-ass.]

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">brimstone bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">brimstone 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, brimstone calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

So what do you think? Could this hand have been played differently? I know that when a LAP bets out and makes it 3-bets I should've been worried, but I flopped a monster, and a LAP might've easily played 89o, etc.

Argus
04-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Raise preflop with TT. You complain that you are going to get cold called with anything, but you want to put money in while your equity is strong. You are going to win this hand more than your share even if you are an underdog against this large a field. Would you rather get sucked out on for one bet or two?

After that don't stop putting bets in at any opportunity, unless there is a strong opportunity for overcalls or a good check/raise. There isn't in this hand, but those are concepts to keep in mind for future hands.

oreogod
04-16-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[Is not raising a mistake? The table had over a 30% VP$IP average, and most of the players were quite passive/loose, with TT, against this field, I felt that I had to hit my hand rather than worry about reducing the field. Most of the table will cold-call with almost anything anyway]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have much to learn.

[ QUOTE ]

[I played this straight out, with the whole table in the hand, I figured some would most definitely stick around--although probably giving the flush draws a chance to hit their hands might make sense in the long run, just to collect some extra bets. But given the fact that this sort of hand is so rare, I don't think it matters too much]

[/ QUOTE ]

8 players on the flop, I bet it everytime. (well not everytime, there are situations in which going for overcalls or checkraises are better, this isnt one of them)

And u should raise preflop, if it gets three bet, just call the re-raise. U have the best hand right now and whenever u have the best hand u need to put money in while u have the best of it. If ppl are going to limp in with crap make them pay to do it. U need to push your edge u have preflop, and even if it gets one of those players to fold, it could only help...what if u just call and someone who would have folded for two bets is now in the pot and outdraws u to take it down.

PS - Ditto what argus said.

brimstone1
04-16-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You have much to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks! Letting me know that I have much to learn just increased my BB/hr to 8. You're a jackass! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I post here to actually get some decent feedback.
You're not obligated to respond, you know. If you're just going to try and ridicule me with some smartass answer, your time is better spent eating lint.
Have a nice day.

shant
04-16-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
although probably giving the flush draws a chance to hit their hands might make sense in the long run

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you meant by this, but if you meant that you could check to let flush draws catch their hands, then I'm confused. Flush draws and most likely lone, big diamonds will call the flop bet.

Also, raise preflop.