PDA

View Full Version : 22 no set, I bet anyway, live 6/12

DeathDonkey
04-16-2005, 05:27 AM
I limp UTG with 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, EP on my left raises. He is TAGgy, a bit passive, mostly first level thinking only, but he respects the hell out of me. Anyway, 2 coldcallers, BB calls, I call.

Flop is 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif checked to EP who bets, I am ready to muck when everyone else folds. I call.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I bet, planning to put no more money in the pot.

-DeathDonkey

imported_leader
04-16-2005, 05:32 AM
I like it.

toss
04-16-2005, 05:39 AM
Looks like you got a good read on this villain. Did you consider checkraising the turn?

Tim&Joe
04-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Tim: I think a check raise would work better. Joe?

Joe: Agreed Tim, if he is a good enough player to respect a strong opponent than he should be good enough to see this for what it is.

Tim: Pretty much my thoughts Joe. However, the OP did mention that the villian uses mostly first level thinking. Depending on what he means by this I could be presuaded.

Joe: Good eye Tim /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Tim : Thanks Joe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeathDonkey
04-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Ok the second person to suggest checkraising the turn, but I really don't like that and here's why: He folds an overpair just about never if I checkraise the turn. He also may check behind with a big ace or something and now he has 12 outs to beat me and maybe can bluff me if other cards hit.

When I bet the turn I was not doing so because I thought he would fold a better hand, I did so because I didn't want to fold the best hand and I really didn't want him to continue the hand with a clean 12 outer.

Also, I like your gimmick account. Also, he thought a bit, gave me a funny look and folded. I expect he had AQ or so.

-DeathDonkey

Shillx
04-16-2005, 06:04 AM
Interesting hand.

Will be bet AK/AQ again? If the answer is no then the bet here sucks because we know exactly what he is on and we know how to play the river. If he will bet it again but fold should you bet then it is awesome. /images/graemlins/smile.gif If he will call with it and bet if you check, then I like throwing him some rope. This of course assumes that he will call yo down with AA or whatever and I'm guessing that he would (or that he should). So if he will bet AK again and calldown with both AK and AA then the bet is meh. Damn that is a lot of think about though.

So there are two times that the bet is awesome:

1) He will fold a 12 outer.
2) He will call with a 12 outer and raise with an overpair.

But if you bet and he calls you with all of his hands, you are in a tough spot on the river should it go check-bet. I hate tough spots because I always end up making bad calls.

Brad

thesharpie
04-16-2005, 08:06 AM
If he respects you he knows you won't limp UTG with 7x.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought you was representing the 7.