PDA

View Full Version : Should I have Just Gone Home After This?...10-20 Stud Hand

Jeffage
11-03-2002, 11:02 AM
I just thought I'd share this hand because I have truly never seen this before. I was waiting for a Hold Em seat where I had my most horrific session yet, losing about 1k at 10-20 which is WAY more than I'd usually allow. Just getting hammered all night every which way. But while I waited I played 10 Stud ($1 ante, $3 force). I start out with rolled up sixes. 3 brings it in, Horrific player with Jc calls, I call, another poor player with an ace calls. On 4th street, Poor player pairs aces on board. I know he doesn't have trips, and probably doesnt have aces up as he would raise first in with aces and most pairs. Anyway, Jc caught a 2c and called the 20, I raised to 40 and both called. On 5th, AA catches a 3rd ace on board and bets. Other guy folds...I call when I pair queens on board for 6's full. I really don't know if this is bad or not, but I just felt that all he had was 3 aces and the pot was big enuf to look him up(the case 6 was live). On 6th street, he caught the 4th ace on board. He bet, and I of course folded. He was gracious enough to show me K2 in the hole. Sigh. Sorry if this is just a bad beat story, but I thought it was rare enough to be interesting and I needed to vent.

Jeff =(

11-03-2002, 08:05 PM
/forums/images/icons/mad.gif [censored] happens, be happy /forums/images/icons/grin.gif to be at a that table with player like that /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11-04-2002, 09:35 AM
I just had a 2-4 session on Paradise in which I lost in the space of 90 minutes with rolled sixes and rolled tens in immense pots to players who came from way behind (a gutshot straight beat my sixes, a sixth street boat from two pair beat my tens).

HOWEVER...I do think Roy West and others are right that small trips need to be protected -- ie. played fast. I'd have raised right up front with them, not limped. Of course, that is what I did and a player with 7-8-10 (o) still called.