PDA

View Full Version : OJ: did he do it?

Dead
04-16-2005, 04:16 AM
I say no. What say you?

pshreck
04-16-2005, 04:21 AM
His not guilty verdict was nothing more than a social response to the not guilty verdict on the rodney king beating trial. I mean he clearly did it, but in the eyes of the biased jury, he didnt deserved to be convicted.

The civil trial got it right, and he was found guilty of negligence that lead to death.

fluxrad
04-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Dumbest...question...ever. Guilty as sin.

That being said, his "Not Guilty" verdict was correct.

wacki
04-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Blood on the shoes, blood on the socks, blood on the gloves, blood on the knife, blood on the bronco, blood on the khakis, blood on the shirt, blood on the porch....... (5 minutes later) it's totally an accident, it's totally an accident.

I love Bob and Tom.

Dead, take two lithium and call me in the morning.

Eihli
04-16-2005, 05:09 AM
do what? i voted yes because i think that the average human, given a choice of doing it or not doing, would choose to do it...

The Stranger
04-16-2005, 05:14 AM
Yes. I believe he turned his ex-wife and her friend into human Pez dispensers.

bholdr
04-16-2005, 05:23 AM
YES.

duh.

GrekeHaus
04-16-2005, 05:42 AM
Dead, wtf have you done with your avatar???

Broken Glass Can
04-16-2005, 06:08 AM
A guilty verdict means:
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifHe did it

A not guilty verdict means:
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifHe almost certainly did it just short of reasonable doubt -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifHe probably did it -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifHe likely did it more often than not -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifHe might have done it -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifHe could very well have done it -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifHe's innocent -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifWe the Jury are too lazy to figure it out -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJury nullification rules! -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifDamn, I'll be a media star if I let Him off -or-
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifInsert reason here.

His not guilty verdict does not mean he is truly innocent. There are a lot more reasons to get to not guilty than to get to guilty, and most of them still lead you to the likelihood that OJ did it.

NLSoldier
04-16-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what ignited the poker boom?

Sweaburg
04-16-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed really hard at that line in the theatre and realized I was the only one in the place laughing. WTF? Do people have no sense of humour?

Russ McGinley
04-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Jon Stewart said it best on The Daily Show way back when:

"There are two kinds of people in this case. Those who think OJ Simpson is guilty of murder...

...and IDIOTS."

The Stranger
04-16-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed really hard at that line in the theatre and realized I was the only one in the place laughing. WTF? Do people have no sense of humour?

[/ QUOTE ]

that was in a movie? I thought I just heard it on Jim Rome.

Sweaburg
04-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Directly from Sin City

Uglyowl
04-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I would be willing to bet that the 6 no votes so far are from African Americans.

There have been articles about the racial divide about this case. The poll could have easily asked "are you white or black" and got the same results. Now we know... clever.

The Stranger
04-16-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Directly from Sin City

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Sweaberg

well, I heard Jim Rome say it 2-3 years ago.

War Isla Vista Tour Stop, War The Mom (http://www.livewithmom.com/), and War Terrence in Sierra Madre winning the Smackoff.

--Stranger in LA

Sweaburg
04-16-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Directly from Sin City

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Sweaberg

well, I heard Jim Rome say it 2-3 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...maybe he was the original.

InchoateHand
04-16-2005, 02:00 PM
You suck, Dead.

ZeeJustin
04-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I hardly remember the case, but I kind of recall him getting off due to a lot of legal technicalities including a lot of evidence not being allowed and several testimonies also being thrown out.

jesusarenque
04-16-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A guilty verdict means:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily.

Dead
04-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Yeah, really. BGC is wrong on this one.

What about all of the people who have had their convictions reversed, some because of DNA evidence.

wacki
04-16-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A guilty verdict means:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are in illinois and on death row, odds are you might be innocent.

Since the death penalty was reinstated in Illinois in 1977, 12 men have been executed. During that same period, 13 innocent men were freed from death row.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_2000/tows_past_20000928_e.jhtml
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_2000/tows_past_20000928_d.jhtml
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_2000/tows_past_20000928.jhtml

Dead
04-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Good point.

Broken Glass Can
04-16-2005, 03:13 PM
My point was not that juries are never wrong, but that when they say "guilty" they are clearly ruling that the person is guilty. But when they say "not guilty" it can mean many things and often does not mean innocent.

In fact in OJ's case, jurors clearly said that they didn't think him innocent, only that the beyond a reasonable doubt standard was too high for some. They clearly didn't say "innocent." Look it up.

When Dead says "He was found innocent," Dead is clearly Wrong. LINK (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2169009&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

youtalkfunny
04-17-2005, 12:18 AM
If anyone thinks there may be the slightest chance that Simpson didn't do it, please, please, PLEASE get a copy of "Outrage" by Vincent Bugliosi.

Mr Bugliosi is a former high-profile prosecutor (he put Manson away). The book shows how incompetent Clark, Darden, et al were. And how a competent prosecutor would've presented the evidence.

(Example: A competent prosecutor would not tell the jury in his closing argument, "You have a tough call to make. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes." Or words to that effect, I forget the exact quote, but it's what Darden said, instead of, "All the evidence points to one man! To no one else in the whole world!")

It's a good book. You'll like it. The author is a funny guy. He writes in a very conversational tone...and he WILL remove any doubt you may have about this case.

(Every used book store I've ever been in has an entire section of Simpson trial books. You should be able to find this book for a buck or two.)

Alobar
04-17-2005, 12:47 AM
8 people voted no?

Even if OJ read OOT it should be zero

HC5831
04-17-2005, 12:50 AM
<font color="purple">I say no. What say you? </font>

If you truly believe that OJ is innocent, you are a moron.

HC

contentless
04-17-2005, 01:13 AM
"Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that; that does not make sense. Why would a wookie, an 8 foot tall wookie, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall ewoks? That does not make sense! But more importantly, you have to ask yourself, 'what does that have to do with this case?' Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case. It does not make sense!"

pshreck
04-17-2005, 01:15 AM
lol what the hell is that from?

fluxrad
04-17-2005, 01:16 AM
South Park.

How the hell do you not know the "chewbacca defense"?

Alobar
04-17-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
South Park.

How the hell do you not know the "chewbacca defense"?

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed

youtalkfunny
04-17-2005, 04:30 AM
If you included the part about the juror who got so confused by the line of BS Johnny Cochran was selling, that his head exploded...

...then you wouldn't need to explain the "Chewbacca Defense."

rmarotti
04-17-2005, 05:19 AM
This thread sucks.