PDA

View Full Version : AA's in the SB just sat at the table.

Arm187r
04-16-2005, 03:54 AM
Would like some opinions on how i should have played this hand. I feel like I misplayed the AA's on every street.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

thesharpie
04-16-2005, 03:59 AM
You did play it pretty ugly...

Reraise preflop. If MP3 or anyone else doesn't cap you need to lead the flop. You should be able to go for a check raise on the flop if he does cap to try and force others out the hand.

Lead the turn. River, just call his raise. You're probably ahead, but hopefully BB will overcall and will gain you 1BB extra with no risk of losing 2BB if you're behind.

Arm187r
04-16-2005, 04:40 AM
I appreciate your analaysis. I wish I could think more fluidly about strategy in the middle of a hand.

deepsquat
04-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Re-Raise this PF 1000% of the time.

Lead the flop and turn and the river is pretty easy.

Kumubou
04-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Raise this pre-flop, for the love of Gord.

Since you didn't raise pre-flop, check-raise the flop. You were in perfect position for this; you have the pre-flop raiser to your right. Get people out of the pot ASAP with the two-flush.

Bittersweet river for all involved, I suspect. I am going to disagree with thesharpie and say jamming this river was the proper thing to do. You lose to 22, 55, 66, 99, and 9x. I think between high non-nut flushes and random people with trips, you are good enough to profit... or not.

-K

Arm187r
04-16-2005, 05:01 AM
<font color="black"> </font> Final Pot: 24 BB

Results in white below:
Hero has As Ah (flush, ace high).
BB has Jh Js (flush, jack high).
UTG+1 has Ts Qc (flush, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins 24 BB.

DeathDonkey
04-16-2005, 05:31 AM
Exactly what on the fly analysis do you have to do in the middle of the hand that prevents you from reraising with the best hand preflop? I mean were you thinking "I'm going to slowplay and then checkraise the turn" from the minute you saw you had AA and someone raised? This is like FPS mixed with I-hate-money-itis.

-DeathDonkey

Arm187r
04-16-2005, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean were you thinking "I'm going to slowplay and then checkraise the turn" from the minute you saw you had AA and someone raised? This is like FPS mixed with I-hate-money-itis.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif Good read. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

thesharpie
04-16-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bittersweet river for all involved, I suspect. I am going to disagree with thesharpie and say jamming this river was the proper thing to do. You lose to 22, 55, 66, 99, and 9x. I think between high non-nut flushes and random people with trips, you are good enough to profit... or not.

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I think about it I agree he should cap the river. It's not totally the results that swayed me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UTG+1 has shown no resistance so far so he probably just hit his flush, and hopefully having BB in there to pad the pot makes it easier to 3 bet.

I guess if he was showing alot of aggression early on there could be something said for just calling this river raise, but not when he's just woke up.

BriPlay
04-16-2005, 03:08 PM
blind reply
Thanks for the post!
PF: calling is ok..depending on table you could 3 bet here
FLop..either lead out (ok) or wait for MP3 to bet and CHECK RAISE to limit the field and isolate his probably inferior hand. Flush draw will call anyhow..but you might get gutshot to fold saving you hand depending on turn
Turn: call. You are prbably behind to flush (or maybe a set), but have 8 outs to nut flush (lil less than 25% chance?), but some of these cards may give FH to a player with a set. You'd need at least 3 callers to raise.
River: betting is fine..when UTG+1 raises he may have had set and hit fh..but this seems unlikely...reraise is correct IMO
Brian

BriPlay
04-16-2005, 03:13 PM
i agree..esp the river..BB is gonna come along anyhow (Id put him on flush..Maybe 2pr or slowplay set) unless he was bluffing turn..in which case he folds no matter what
brian