PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me what the standard move is..

splashpot
04-16-2005, 02:41 AM
The only important stacks are Hero(T2000), and Villian(T6500). The other stacks are approximately even with me. Villian is somewhat loose, but very aggressive. He has been bullying the table for most of the game. He has knocked out most of the players and now there are 5 left.

Blinds: 150/300

Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
3 folds, SB raises to T750, Hero...

Do you fold or push? I can't see myself calling here.

emonrad87
04-16-2005, 02:55 AM
I push. I think that's pretty easy.

Freudian
04-16-2005, 02:58 AM
If it happens all the time you have to make a stand sometimes or he will go after your BB all the time. Against hyperaggresive players who have raised my BB every time they get the chance I have pushed JT back at them.

If you feel he has entered "raise any two" territory you have to push here.

stupidsucker
04-16-2005, 03:56 AM
The most important thing here is NOT what cards he holds.. It doesnt matter.

What matters is... what are his calling standards? IF his calling standards are still pretty tight , but his raises standards are low then PUSH... but if his calling standards are low then just fold it and move on. If you dont know then I still say fold. The blinds are still fine for your stack and the big stack is better there then to your left.

curtains
04-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Allin. Even though your fold equity is not great, your hand is simply too strong here IMO, and there aren't enough mitigating factors to make you fold here. (Such as the presence of two very small stacks)

Blarg
04-16-2005, 04:27 AM
I think Curtains brings up a good point. You're not likely to scoop up a desperate bluff by a small stack or anything, to give you a reason to stay out of trouble. Plus, you're only at about 7x the BB, so it's time to start pushing anyway. If you're going to push, you can hardly pick a better circumstance than doing it against someone you figure is very likely holding crappy cards while you're holding an ace. If he calls your push you might well win, and if he doesn't, you also win. If you're going to pick a time for a coin flip, this seems like a good one.

So much of this kind of thing is dependent on player reads, and to me it seems your player read favors a push.

I think stupidsucker brings up some good points as well, but we already know villain's raising standards are low, so that automatically makes his raise far less threatening. We don't have info on what his calling standards might be, unfortunately. But if his calling standards are low and he calls, A9 may well beat him. If his calling standards are high and he calls anyway, that's bad news, but hero's Ace isn't totally dead. And if they're high and he doesn't call, hero just got a nice bundle of chips shortly before the blinds are going to take a quarter of his stack and more at a time. From what the OP says, villain likely doesn't have the high cards to make hero worry about villain's high calling standards in the first place. Seems to me most scenarios point to a push.

Apathy
04-16-2005, 04:57 AM
pooooosh

stupidsucker
04-16-2005, 05:05 AM
what if he pushed on you then... would it be a call?

Apathy
04-16-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost certaintly if I had no read whatsoever on the villian.

What could he possibly have that beats you? I can't think of anything except maybe bottom two. Sets check and better aces raise PF.

stupidsucker
04-16-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What could he possibly have that beats you? I can't think of anything except maybe bottom two. Sets check and better aces raise PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about? LoL its still preflop.

Apathy
04-16-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about? LoL its still preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA oops I was thinking about this other hand I had just replied to about some guy who pushed on the flop with A5 on a A high board. My bad.

I probably fold to a PF push on this hand, I think you have quite a bit of folding equity.

BradleyT
04-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Edit n/m.

But chip total comes out to 14,500...must be some weirdo site.

I call, weirdo site players suck.

splashpot
04-16-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit n/m.

But chip total comes out to 14,500...must be some weirdo site.

I call, weirdo site players suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was PokerRoom. I created the hand history from memory. That's why I don't have the exact chip stacks. At PokerRoom, you start with 1500 chips so I was pretty close.

splashpot
04-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Result: I pushed. He called with KT and flops a K. I was eliminated. I just wanted to see if I made the right decision by pushing.