PDA

View Full Version : Boring hand but the forum is slow

wrto4556
04-16-2005, 02:39 AM
SB bets with any peice of the flop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>

Do I take the free card? Why/why not?

KDawgCometh
04-16-2005, 02:41 AM
I'd take the free card as I don't think you'd have any fold equity with the villian. Your gonna have to showdown the winner if you bet this turn, they could very well be betting out on a flush draw, which you cold win the hand UI. is the villian the type to bet out w/ a flush draw here, since you said they will bet with any piece

wrto4556
04-16-2005, 02:45 AM
I've never seen him bet a draw...just bottom pair into a preflop raiser.

wrto4556
04-16-2005, 02:46 AM
meh.

Check. I dont have best hand enough and NO fold equity. I get confused on when to bet and when to check with these type hands.

KDawgCometh
04-16-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen him bet a draw...just bottom pair into a preflop raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really feel a turn bet will move him off of that massive pair of threes that he could have, I don't

admiralfluff
04-16-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB bets with any peice of the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
assuming he calls down with any piece as well here, which these kinds of players tend to, you have no reason to bet. You have lots of outs (probably), but he wins this hand more often than you, and you have no fold equity.

Textbook spot to raise for protection and free card.

Nick C
04-16-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
meh.

Check. I dont have best hand enough and NO fold equity. I get confused on when to bet and when to check with these type hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another consideration is that getting checkraised would be awful here. I think you can call a checkraise and chase your gutshot, but a turn checkraise from this opponent would mean you very likely only have gutshot outs, and paying two bets to chase a weak draw when you could have paid zero isn't so good.