PDA

View Full Version : Loose limp results in OESD

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button is the maniac. The table is in full-on gamble mode - we're seeing 5-6 players to every flop, raise or no. I know my preflop limp was loose even with the poster, so let's not dwell on that. How bout the rest?

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Button will bet here 99.9% of the time.

Final Pot: 18 BB

KDawgCometh
04-16-2005, 02:01 AM
I don't mind the limp considering table conditions. You have good implied odds by doing that. I like the river play on knowing what your opponent will do

Saint_D
04-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Looks good to me. The turn seems a little suspect, but I guess you and the other player are just assuming the Button likes to raise and more or less ignore him. What were you thinking there?

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. The turn seems a little suspect, but I guess you and the other player are just assuming the Button likes to raise and more or less ignore him. What were you thinking there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I don't know, lol. I don't have much experience vs. maniacs. I really wasn't expecting BB to raise, but does it matter? I'm wary of the J or 6 of /images/graemlins/club.gif's. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nick C
04-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Postflop looks fine to me.

Nice hand.

nolanfan34
04-16-2005, 01:15 PM
No chance the button will fold if you raise the flop? Wondering if implied odds and free card considerations would make a flop raise a value raise there. Probably not with some of the outs being dirty.

Anyway, I think the rest of the hand looks good. I like the river a lot, nice read on the button.

Despite not wanting discussion about it, I don't like the PF limp, because if the table is in gamble mode, isn't there a decent chance you're going to have two bets back to you, out of position? I don't like that.

bisonbison
04-16-2005, 01:17 PM
raise the flop.

edit: Nevermind. missed that the button raised preflop.

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No chance the button will fold if you raise the flop? Wondering if implied odds and free card considerations would make a flop raise a value raise there. Probably not with some of the outs being dirty.

Anyway, I think the rest of the hand looks good. I like the river a lot, nice read on the button.

Despite not wanting discussion about it, I don't like the PF limp, because if the table is in gamble mode, isn't there a decent chance you're going to have two bets back to you, out of position? I don't like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt it was really doubtful that anyone folds the flop here, especially with the ace out there. No ace and I might have done something different. Button was soooooo loose. I really didn't feel like it was going to buy me a free card either. How big a mistake was this?

Preflop I just got caught up in the shenanigans. I'm not real proud of the limp, although I didn't absolutely *hate* it.

nolanfan34
04-16-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I just got caught up in the shenanigans. I'm not real proud of the limp, although I didn't absolutely *hate* it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I find myself doing similar things too. It's just that most of the time I try it, it's three-bet or capped back to me, and I end up grumbling and folding. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I somehow missed that the button raised PF as well. Given that, the flop is a call for sure. I need to work on my reading comprehension, but what can I say, it's Saturday, I'm stuck at work, and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.