PDA

View Full Version : Amityville

tdarko
04-16-2005, 01:45 AM
anyone see amityville tonight? i did and it was better than i expected.

my gf was scared shitless so that was nice.

any thoughts?

wacki
04-16-2005, 04:41 AM
NO, is it on TV??? I need to watch it. Didn't Eminem sing about this?

Eihli
04-16-2005, 04:45 AM
are you [censored] mad? it's a new horror movie that came out today in THEATERS!

Sheriff Fatman
04-16-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are you [censored] mad? it's a new horror movie that came out today in THEATERS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction - its a remake of a very good OLD horror movie.

Sheriff

wacki
04-16-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehhh, I haven't watched TV in months. So, I'm not going to see commercials and all that jazz.

wacki
04-16-2005, 05:09 AM
looks like a good movie

http://www.amityvillehorrormovie.com/

B00T
04-16-2005, 02:17 PM
I saw it last night. Not a bad movie, but I think at this point in my life (being 24) nothing I can see in a movie can actually scare me. It's like you are expecting it anyway, so how could you really get alarmed.

I heard plenty of 16 yr old whores let out blood curdling shrieks but I think they were doing it for attention.

Decent move 8/10 for me.

tdarko
04-16-2005, 02:27 PM
yeah i am the same age, but it's not the "make me jump scary" that makes horror movies good IMO, its the movies that have the freaky images and make you feel uncomfortable and thats what it did.

the original is obviously great but i think this is one of the better remakes i have seen.

astroglide
04-16-2005, 02:35 PM
looks like it's better (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/amityville_horror/) than the first one (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1000875-amityville_horror/)!

Phoenix1010
04-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Still haven't seen the new one, old one is good stuff. For even more creepy stuff you can google it and read into the true story it's based on. Somehow reading the true accounts of what happened is even creepier for me.

tdarko
04-16-2005, 03:23 PM
it's actually not true, it was all just a hoax to make money.

the man who killed his family was in jail and was using the excuse of being possessed and the house being possessed to plead insanity and the husband of the new family that moved in after the murders saw it as a cash making scheme. so he starts coming up with all these stories and then there were books movies etc. and the money making scheme was in full force.

all the evidence disproves the house or people in it being possessed, there has been a few families live in it since and nobody has seen anything.

Jurollo
04-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I saw it, jumped a few times and the girl I went with was freaked out as well, the director's (of texas chainsaw remake fame) fingerprints were all over it, he is fairly talented when it comes to recreating horror movies and actually doing it well.
~Justin

Blarg
04-16-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw it last night. Not a bad movie, but I think at this point in my life (being 24) nothing I can see in a movie can actually scare me. It's like you are expecting it anyway, so how could you really get alarmed.

I heard plenty of 16 yr old whores let out blood curdling shrieks but I think they were doing it for attention.

Decent move 8/10 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure scares can be predictable after you've seen enough horror movies, but still, a lot of it is your willingness to not be above the fray and cool and distant, and just dive in.

Horror is a lot like comedy that way. You can refuse to be scared or creeped out exactly like no matter how funny someone is, if you don't like him or are in a snit, you wouldn't laugh at a single joke if your life depended on it.

And there's a kinda "group thing" about horror movies and comedies too. It's easy to be more creeped out when everyone's into a horror movie and comedies are usually much funnier when you're in a crowd of people who like the movie.

You gotta kinda surrender to comedies and horror movies to get the much out of them in a way you don't have to do with dramas or action flicks.

fluxrad
04-16-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw it, jumped a few times and the girl I went with was freaked out as well, the director's (of texas chainsaw remake fame) fingerprints were all over it,

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums up why I won't be seeing it. I heard the remake of Chainsaw was [censored] putrid.

Jurollo
04-16-2005, 06:35 PM
It depends what you are looking for in the movie. Either this or chainsaw will get you to jump, the acting isn't great, there is a hot piece of ass wife, annoying kids, and the token pet. If you want oscar winners don't see this, if you want a couple cheap scares or jumpy moments then go for it. It is a decent date movie for anyone 17-30 even, if you want a better overall movie see sin city or something.
~Justin

tdarko
04-16-2005, 06:37 PM
so when has acting been good in horror movies?? acting is not why i go see these movies.

it got my heart movin' a little so good in my book.