PDA

View Full Version : Another crazy hand at the same table

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 01:44 AM
I was totally lost in this hand. SB and BB are both maniacs. They're betting and raising with anything. Unfortunately, they're both on huge rushes. MP2 is unknown.

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 27 BB

KDawgCometh
04-16-2005, 01:46 AM
I think I'd want to see this showdown as cheaply as possible. I'd be inclined to check call here, but only if I have to call one bet. I don't know how that 4 could've helped, but this donk could've been staying in w/pocket 4s

PokerSparky
04-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Forget it, I misread the hand...again.

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Well, here's what was going through my mind: MP2's flop raise could be flush draw, could be smaller ace. I have TPGK and a backdoor draw and SB and BB play bad hands and take them way too far, so I 3-bet. BB's turn bet probably means nothing, but it threw me off a bit, I'll admit.

I bet the river, but when it's raise and re-raised behind me - even by the retarded BB - I know I'm not good.

wrto4556
04-16-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I bet the river, but when it's raise and re-raised behind me - even by the retarded BB - I know I'm not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

How sure are you? None of there play makes any sense. I'm really dumbfounded.

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How sure are you? None of there play makes any sense. I'm really dumbfounded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know wtf BB was doing. But MP2 had been relatively quiet so far. When he raised on the river after his flop action, I felt he had a set. I didn't want to pay three more bets on the river.

Nick C
04-16-2005, 12:12 PM
I like it up until the turn, where I think you should have raised.

Multiway pots with maniacs involved are difficult, though, and they give me trouble. For instance, I can see myself paying off on the river in this hand out of stubbornness. Anyway, BB's river check/3-bet is pretty annoying, since there's a good chance he's just being his usual maniac self and just has an ace or an unimproved pocket pair or something. But it does look like you're most likely behind MP2, and we can't rule out the possibility that this hand is a continuation of BB's rush.

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Multiway pots with maniacs involved are difficult, though, and they give me trouble. For instance, I can see myself paying off on the river in this hand out of stubbornness. Anyway, BB's river check/3-bet is pretty annoying, since there's a good chance he's just being his usual maniac self and just has an ace or an unimproved pocket pair or something. But it does look like you're most likely behind MP2, and we can't rule out the possibility that this hand is a continuation of BB's rush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, this hand gave me fits. I felt I had the best up until MP2 again sprang to life. All of a sudden it didn't look like flush draw anymore.

Anyway, MP2 had 88 and BB had J9o for the turned straight.

nolanfan34
04-16-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not looked at the results yet, but I also think a turn raise is needed. The river action is really strange, but given the fact that you didn't raise the turn, I think there are a number of weaker aces or PP's that all of the sudden might think their hand is good.

Look at MP2 specifically. He might all of the sudden think AJ is OK, etc. Raising the turn makes the river easier to play I think.

Not that I wouldn't have folded the river as well, given the action. Very strange hand.