SB(3000)
BB(4000)
UTG(1000)
MP(1500)
Blinds are 50/100
Hero is dealt AsJs

UTG folds, MP folds, Hero raises to 300, SB folds, BB calls

Flop is AcJd10c(600)
Hero bets 400, SB raises to 1200, Hero??

Easy Push? I figure it should be because its a $5, at what level does this re-raise force me to somehow fold, if ever?
What if I have him as a very tight player? I guess I could easily put him on AQ, AK, even A10 or worse in a $5. You know what he turned over...anything I could do? I'm thinking Should I get broke on this almost everytime, but I figured the way he re-raised, he had 1010.

TruFloridaGator
04-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Bump?

Blarg
04-16-2005, 03:31 AM
If you have him as a very tight player, aren't you even more likely to see him as Ax or Ax suited than as KQ? If so, like if he has AKs or something, you stand to make a lot of money here. On the other hand, if he's really tight, he could possibly have a pair of 10's or jacks, which case you're looking at trips and you're the one who is going to be losing the money. With either that or KQ, you're probably going to lose a lot of money here. So I think you're either solidly ahead or way, way behind. He could also have AA or KK, but he probably would have played those back at you before the flop, and with KK wouldn't be playing back at you now that the flop has come.

I think we know for sure that all the BB's money is going into the pot on the turn no matter what it is, and if you call, you'll be down to 500 chips if you lose -- just count it as gone.

However, if you back off now, you still have 2800 chips and are in a very strong place still.

This is a nasty one. There's an excellent chance you're either already beat or will be by the river. The only hands he's like to be raising you with that don't beat you are AK and AJ, for a tie. AJ would probably wait to pop you on the turn, so it's probably not that. That narrows down the only hands that would raise you, that you could beat, probably to AK.

You also have the unfortunate additional threat of a club flush to deal with even from these hands.

That does change a bit if your definition of a tight player changes, though, but those hands wouldn't be likely to be raising. AQ for instance has got to figure he's looking at any ace broadway beating him, any trips, etc., and probably wouldn't be too happy to raise. Not at this early stage of the tourney anyway, when he probably figures your hand is likely decent. So I think unless you're dealing with a bluff, almost anyone who raises beats you this time, and if he doesn't, has a better draw than you do. Ugh.

Maulik
04-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Gator, I'm begging you to stop paying 20% in rake!

Maulik
04-16-2005, 03:39 AM
at this point, I likely push, I doubt he has a straight.

TruFloridaGator
04-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm playing 5+.50s, so not 20%...but I know, I know, my roll is almost there.

He turned over a set of 10s.

Maulik
04-16-2005, 02:14 PM
bummer: you didn't lose all your chips to TPTK, its a $5 game, no worries.

TruFloridaGator
04-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Indeed, that's why I didn't care, was just asking more along the lines of at what level do I muck this.

Maulik
04-16-2005, 02:25 PM
no way, when I said push, I also meant I'd call an allin here. good luck =]