PDA

View Full Version : tired question?

meff66
04-16-2005, 12:51 AM
i have a question regarding 'moving up'. i'd appreciate a vet's opinion - preferrably a pokerstars sng'r, but all are welcome.

i moved to ps march 1st, and just hit 400 sngs. i play 12+1 six-seaters exclusively. the format seems to suite my style of play.

i'm currenty enjoying an ITM of just over 41%, with a ROI of 18%.

i want to move up....but - the next 6-seater level is 35+3.

q1: IYO, to what degree could i expect a decrease in success...based soley on 'better players'?
q2: what kind of bankroll would be necessary to make the move? is there a standard thought on bankroll vs. buy-in?

with a daughter i college (community thank god!), i've been withdrawing monthly, leaving a $200 start bank. any advice on a magic number to handle 35+3?

one more thing. for those that had made a significant jump in buy-in - did your game play/style suffer at all initially? the few times that i've dabbled, i noticed a shift from tight-aggressive, to xtight-passive. perhaps its just having the knowledge that my bankroll can't support the endeavor. a short-term phenomenon, or just ball-less?

thanks for your time.

R_Brite_TDX
04-16-2005, 12:47 PM
If you only have $200 in your bank account then moving up to the 35's would be ridiculous. Even very good players can lose that 200 if they catch some bad breaks. I think the consensus would be to have at least 30 buyins at any given level if you dont want to have to reload. Even having stated that there are people on this board who have dropped 30-50 buyins in a given dry spell so you definetly need more than $200

Dominic
04-16-2005, 02:25 PM
You do need AT LEAST 30 buy-ins of your chosen limit.

that being said, you can go to another site and play $20+2s, if you really want to move up. It's a big jump from the limit you're playing now to #35s.

Whatever you do, just make sure you've got the proper bankroll!