PDA

View Full Version : An actual hand

SmileyEH
04-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Opponent was average everything if I recall.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

-SmileyEH

CallMeIshmael
04-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Cap the flop.

Lead the turn.

Cap the river (if given the chance)

MoreWineII
04-16-2005, 12:00 AM
All-in.

chesspain
04-16-2005, 12:01 AM

SmileyEH
04-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Do you want me to link to the dozen odd threads I've responded to over the last couple days with (I would hope) prudent advice?

I was going to try to give small stakes a chance. I read a bunch of terrible advice and some views that were in my opinion incorrect. So I posted some threads with broad strokes - people didn't like that. So I made some hand specific posts, commenting on play. Then I played with a maniac for an hour and I thought it would be funny to post some hands.

Cut this small stakes mob mentality [censored] out.

-SmileyEH

mr pink
04-16-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cut this small stakes mob mentality [censored] out

[/ QUOTE ]

youre bringing it on yourself by acting like a tool

SmileyEH
04-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Some thought the "tool" posts were funny. Can we agree that humour is subjective?

-SmileyEH

mr pink
04-16-2005, 12:11 AM
go sleep it off

chesspain
04-16-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you want me to link to the dozen odd threads I've responded to over the last couple days with (I would hope) prudent advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be preferable to the crap you've been posting over the past hour.

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to try to give small stakes a chance. I read a bunch of terrible advice and some views that were in my opinion incorrect. So I posted some threads with broad strokes - people didn't like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are funny that way--you know, not wanting to read arrogant pronouncements from the self-proclaimed flavor of the month.

[ QUOTE ]

So I made some hand specific posts, commenting on play. Then I played with a maniac for an hour and I thought it would be funny to post some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if I had drank more than two beers tonight your posts would have seemed funny.

[ QUOTE ]
Cut this small stakes mob mentality [censored] out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If all you want is attention, just start singing "I feel pretty...."

CallMeIshmael
04-16-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said before, and will say it again: you have given a lot of solid advice (IMO) over the past few days.

[ QUOTE ]

I was going to try to give small stakes a chance. I read a bunch of terrible advice and some views that were in my opinion incorrect. So I posted some threads with broad strokes - people didn't like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

We dont need you. And dont forget that. There are MANY very very very good players who post here on a regular basis. There will be very good advice given here, with or without you.

I will reiterate: you have made posts that add to the forum. But, you have a way about you (and, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its unintentional) that can be somewhat condescending. YOU are not giving SS a chance. SS is giving YOU a chance.

[ QUOTE ]

Then I played with a maniac for an hour and I thought it would be funny to post some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) You didnt say that. You provided us no reads. You then went on to say that this line was 'Standard'. Give us some context

B) Dont say things like 'Look how brilliant my play is.' This is just another example of what I mentioned above.

C) Listen to Jason_t. A funny hand vs a maniac is OK once in a while. Posting 3 hands the same day that add little to no content isnt the best way to contribute.

SmileyEH
04-16-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said before, and will say it again: you have given a lot of solid advice (IMO) over the past few days.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We dont need you. And dont forget that. There are MANY very very very good players who post here on a regular basis. There will be very good advice given here, with or without you.

I will reiterate: you have made posts that add to the forum. But, you have a way about you (and, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its unintentional) that can be somewhat condescending. YOU are not giving SS a chance. SS is giving YOU a chance.

[ QUOTE ]

Then I played with a maniac for an hour and I thought it would be funny to post some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) You didnt say that. You provided us no reads. You then went on to say that this line was 'Standard'. Give us some context

B) Dont say things like 'Look how brilliant my play is.' This is just another example of what I mentioned above.

C) Listen to Jason_t. A funny hand vs a maniac is OK once in a while. Posting 3 hands the same day that add little to no content isnt the best way to contribute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 8 tabling right now, but I'd like to respond to this fully when I get the chance. As always, thank you for the mature comments.

-SmileyEH

KDawgCometh
04-16-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, fold that flop, you have no chance go on to the next hand

SmileyEH
04-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I was going to write a really long and thought out response, but i've got to wake up in 4 hours and I'm grumpy from a terrible 2k hand stretch. In any case, most of the complaints brought before me are really misunderstandings and conclusion jumping. eg: The "my play, in my opinion briliant" etc. stuff is an OOT joke.

-SmileyEH