PDA

View Full Version : Way ahead? or way behind? $50 NL game

MattHatter
04-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $50 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (Dr.Evil) ($70.6)
MP2 ($30.7)
MP3 ($38.6)
CO ($32.5)
Button ($25.05)
SB ($20.1)
BB ($68)
UTG ($37)
Hero ($56.9)
UTG+2 ($71.5)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+2 calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (Dr.Evil) raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls $8, UTG+2 folds.

Flop: ($22.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>,
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 (Dr.Evil) raises to $60.6 and is all-In</font>

So Which is it? Am I a winner or a big dog?

Matt

MarkL444
04-16-2005, 12:09 AM
well you only have 26 left right? id be inclined to call without a read.

bkfizz02
04-16-2005, 02:47 AM
I agree, with 70% of your stack in you should call, but don't be too surprised to see AA. I would think your range of hands here should be AA-QQ without a read, probably weighted more towards AA, KK. AKs if you're up against a real idiot, but I can't really see anything other AA or KK pushing unless they are desperate, especially with the hugs preflop raise.

MattHatter
04-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Well,

I thought about it for a long time, and folded. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have about $26 left.. the pot is now.... about $90.
3.5:1 or so right...

After I led into him on the flop for $20 (probably too much) but I figured only a maniac would play back at me with less then AA. or TT in this spot... because like y'all noticed I'm pretty much committed. Even a call could be read as AA in this spot.

If he doesn't have those hands then he has a tough call to make. Maybe I give my opponenets too much credit.

I think I could have chosen a better line to take this hand? Checked on the flop and let it go to a potsized bet and reraised anything less than that?

I did spend 1/2 my stack on that hand... But I wanted to put the other 1/2 in a better spot. Just didn't feel right. I have to be right most of the time in these spots especially with the pot as big as it was.. I'd say I was about %80 sure that it was AA.

PLEASE blast me for incorrect thinking here.

Matt

PS: Hit 1k BR and moved to the $100 tables last night.. wish me luck.

Allinlife
04-16-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well,

I thought about it for a long time, and folded. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have about $26 left.. the pot is now.... about $90.
3.5:1 or so right...

After I led into him on the flop for $20 (probably too much) but I figured only a maniac would play back at me with less then AA. or TT in this spot... because like y'all noticed I'm pretty much committed. Even a call could be read as AA in this spot.

If he doesn't have those hands then he has a tough call to make. Maybe I give my opponenets too much credit.

I think I could have chosen a better line to take this hand? Checked on the flop and let it go to a potsized bet and reraised anything less than that?

I did spend 1/2 my stack on that hand... But I wanted to put the other 1/2 in a better spot. Just didn't feel right. I have to be right most of the time in these spots especially with the pot as big as it was.. I'd say I was about %80 sure that it was AA.

PLEASE blast me for incorrect thinking here.

Matt

PS: Hit 1k BR and moved to the $100 tables last night.. wish me luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
good luck with 10 buyins

Los Feliz Slim
04-16-2005, 10:43 AM
If you're going to smooth call the reraise pf, what kind of flop are you looking for here? Only one with a K? Then, if you're going to fold to a push, you can't bet $20 of your remaining $46. Either bet and be prepared to get it all in, or check/fold (which is pretty weak with KK and a board of unders without a strong read IMO).

He's probably got AA, but based on the number of times you'll see QQ here vs. your pot odds, you've GOT to drop your last $26.

MattHatter
04-16-2005, 10:44 AM
I should have 20 I suppose. I'm pretty confident though. Rarely do I blow my stack. If I lose 5 buyins.... I'll drop back down.

I've been at it for a while now. Since before this account was created anyway. I've never went on a 10 buyin losing streak yet. Knock on wood. (came close though)

Hopefully variance swings my way first.. then I can lose.

Besides all of this... a cynical "good luck" doesn't add much. you make it sound like a certainty that I'm gonna run into a 10buyin downswing immidiately? Or that m,y play as shown above is gonna get eaten up at $100. Just what are you trying to say? Can we be constructive here?

Matt

TrailofTears
04-16-2005, 10:52 AM
He is just saying that 10 buyins might not be enough. It is better to have more so you can play normally rather than scared-weak, which is what a lot of players do when they are really worried about losing a big part of their roll.

Think of the buyin rule like you think of the 5/10 rule. If you lose anything at all, you are already above your 10%, where you aren't supposed to be. It is better to wait until you get to where a buyin is under 5%, so you can play more comfortably. JMO, but best wishes in your endeavor.

-Trail

p.s. If you do hit a downswing, watch out for the urge to continue playing those stakes because "moving down will take twice as long to recover."

MattHatter
04-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I should not have bet out $20 on the flop. Smaller amt would have had the same result I think $10 even.

If I had reraised to 20 pre-flop and he pushes I definately call there as well. If he just calls my reraise preflop then maybe I can feel better about getting it in on the flop.

Are there only weak plays that fold KK here?

I guess at the $50 level you can see just about anything so I shoulda called..

I wish I knew what he had /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Matt

AncientPC
04-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I call instantly.

sourbeaver
04-16-2005, 03:55 PM
I'd make it 20-25 or push preflop, the hell with it.

Calling his reraise would get more out of QQ, but is he really laying it down if you come over the top PF ?

By reraising preflop, you're committing your stack, which is okay, because you avoid weird spots like the one you're in on that flop.

(You might fold preflop with a solid read)