PDA

View Full Version : 77 on paired flop

caggin
04-15-2005, 10:48 PM
BB is (20/0/.67) over only 10 hands. Opponents are all relatively passive post flop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

<font color="purple">The check around made me think I might have the best hand. But with so many players, possible flush draws, and the possibility of someone having a weak Q or higher pocket pair, perhaps I shouldn't have bet? I'm really not sure what the correct play was here. </font>

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

<font color="purple">With so many callers, I figure I'm beat, either by a flush or a Q. I'm ready to fold to any bet. When it's checked to me again, I don't see any point in betting. Ok? </font>

River: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero...?

<font color="purple">If UTG and MP1 both folded, I think a call would've been ok here. Someone could be betting a Q or 9. But with UTG calling is there any chance my 7 high flush is good? Should I fold here? </font>

Dead
04-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Bet the turn. Then the river becomes easier.

I fold the river though.

bonaparte
04-15-2005, 10:59 PM
grunchin....

I like the flop bet. I would probably bet the turn here as well, although I would be uneasy about it. Call the river, I think the 7 will be good better than 1 in 6.

Redd
04-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Posting in the dark.

If you're gonna bet the flop, then I'd follow up by leading the safe turn card.

The way it played out, I'd call the riv but I wouldn't overcall it.

Dead
04-15-2005, 11:27 PM
what do you mean posting in the dark? Answering the thread without reading previous responses?

MrWookie47
04-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah, he's following Grunch's advice.

I'd probably bet the turn. I don't think you need to be worried about a flush just yet. I'm not sure about the river. Overcalling is generally bad, and the pot isn't all that big, but it isn't all that small, either. I can't decide if your seven of flush is good often enough.

SoftcoreRevolt
04-16-2005, 01:05 AM
Bet the turn, the action on the flop indicates that no one has two diamonds, so unless someone is slow playing trips (putting them in the running for retard of the year award on that board.) or has a very weak and timid Queen you are good.

On the river, I probably call just because BB is more likely than usual to be bluffing here after your turn check. Even if he's only bluffing 10% of the time here, he'll have a weaker diamond just enough for this call to be profitable. If only you had bet the turn, you probably would've been able to see this showdown for free.

Buckmulligan
04-16-2005, 01:16 AM
The flop bet is -EV IMO. With all those players, even if you do have the best hand, the board is pretty coordinated so you have major reverse implied odds.

Aaron W.
04-16-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is -EV IMO. With all those players, even if you do have the best hand, the board is pretty coordinated so you have major reverse implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop bet is +EV. Right now, hero often has the best hand given the checks (yes, players like to wait until the turn to play their trips, but assuming trips are out ther *because* of the checks is MUBS). Betting here will also knock out some overcards, making your hand much more likely to hold up by the river.

You don't have major reverse implied odds because you don't have a hand that will tie you to the pot. If things get ugly on the turn, you have no problem folding your underpair.

ArturiusX
04-16-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true if hero was out of position, but the lack of people betting out makes me want to take charge of this hand.

I think another bullet on the river is in order, you can fold to a check-raise, and you might get a free showdown if you're worried about the flush kicker problem.

So in other words, to see a showdown you're going to bet somewhere, why not the turn?

deepsquat
04-16-2005, 05:02 AM
Tough Hand.

Id bet the turn and see how many call and try and check behind on the river. Many people will slow play their 9 (stupidly)

This river is an easy fold.

caggin
04-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I think a bet on the turn would've been the correct move. I folded the river, still not sure if that was the best move. Are the odds of me being good better than 1 in 7? I think they are, but it may be results oriented thinking...Betting the turn would've made the river easier.

River: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Results:
BB has 2c Qs (two pair, queens and nines).
UTG has Ah 4c (two pair, nines and fours).
Outcome: BB wins 7 BB.

Maurader1
04-16-2005, 11:17 PM
can someone tell me what these player stats are? I just got player view and am wondering which stats I should be displaying for each player
Thanks!

caggin
04-17-2005, 01:13 AM
(VPIP, pre flop raise, post flop aggression factor)