PDA

View Full Version : 2+2er wrongshui wants to pay me $680

Matty
04-15-2005, 09:50 PM
After this hand he started in on berating me, talking with some other 2+2er at the table about bla bla bla bla bla. Anyway, he ended up betting me his roll ($680) that no one would agree I played this correctly. He thinks I should have 1) not raised preflop, and 2) folded the flop because his trips got beaten.

So, here it is. =]

UTG is villian, tight passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Schneids
04-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Preflop is a raise for me.
Can't fold on the flop.
Can't fold on the turn.
River is obvious.

I dunno if your way of getting to the river is optimal but it's perfectly fine IMO.

mperich
04-15-2005, 09:58 PM
I raise preflop here everytime. Maybe you should tell him its HE made the mistake preflop by limping a pair utg. The rest is standard?

-Mike

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Looks fine to me.

Preflop, I raise this on the button exactly 100% of the time.

You've gotta call or raise the flop. Since UTG is TP, I'd lean toward a call.

The turn is an easy call.

The river is obvious.

Grisgra
04-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Poor guy's roll . . .

Preflop, UTG's limp is obviously a small pocket or a suited connector that's lower than you are. Chance it's Ax suited, but IMO it's a must-raise if you think you can clear out the blinds. You did not, meaning that if the SB/BB are defending with anything -- then there's more of an argument to call here. I think. It's not a position argument, or a pot equity argument, but there's an argument there somewhere. Maybe.

Flop, I peel another one off if the blinds aren't tricky. That's a little more -- and I hesitate to use the word -- "marginal" /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Standard 1/2, though, I think you're safe peeling. Rest plays itself.

Matty
04-15-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop, it's a must-raise if you think you can clear out the blinds. You did not,

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, I did. That's what drove him nuts.

He's also telling me at the table I should describe his 5% PFR self as "TAG" and not "TP".

I think he's backing out of the bet now though. =[

ddubois
04-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Speaking of misplays, how about villan's leading out? This is a great spot to check-raise trapping the field for two.

PassiveCaller
04-15-2005, 11:24 PM
sounds tight passive to me.

wrongshui
04-15-2005, 11:32 PM
I couldn't find my other username here, so I created a new account.

If you want to be completely honest, here is the table scenario.

That hand happened about... what? 10 hands after you came to the table? In atleast 9 of those hands, the flop was seen by atleast 3-4 players. In all 10 of those hands, there were 2 maniacs playing, calling and betting with unbelievable draws, or bottom pair.

How exactly can you qualify the preflop raise as an attempt to steal blinds, when... NOONE in the prior hands, hell, i was there for about an hour, and I can't remember anyone ever being able to steal the blinds, at any position.

Multi-tabling or not... you should have noticed the table average and VP$IP for those 2 players, it was off the charts.

I don't think its a bad play, but its not as easy as you want to make it seem... you completely left out those important details.

Also, after the hand, I thought you were UTG+1, i read the wrong hand history... so I admit I am wrong on that point, and it really changes the play... but come on, be honest here.

As for the bet, it was a joke, and you couldn't even show you had available to cover it.

Cheers

girgy44
04-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Ni han, well played on all streets.

Matty
04-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Be a man and use your real username. And own up on the bet.

Entity
04-16-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't find my other username here, so I created a new account.

If you want to be completely honest, here is the table scenario.

That hand happened about... what? 10 hands after you came to the table? In atleast 9 of those hands, the flop was seen by atleast 3-4 players. In all 10 of those hands, there were 2 maniacs playing, calling and betting with unbelievable draws, or bottom pair.

How exactly can you qualify the preflop raise as an attempt to steal blinds, when... NOONE in the prior hands, hell, i was there for about an hour, and I can't remember anyone ever being able to steal the blinds, at any position.

Multi-tabling or not... you should have noticed the table average and VP$IP for those 2 players, it was off the charts.

I don't think its a bad play, but its not as easy as you want to make it seem... you completely left out those important details.

Also, after the hand, I thought you were UTG+1, i read the wrong hand history... so I admit I am wrong on that point, and it really changes the play... but come on, be honest here.

As for the bet, it was a joke, and you couldn't even show you had available to cover it.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you assume it's being raised only for steal value, when it's mostly being done because it's +EV, since they'll call with anything OOP?

Rob

wrongshui
04-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Erm, you left out the most important facts of the table, and Im the one that isn't a man?

Get a life buddy. It's not my fault you didn't have the cash to match. Spend less time working the truth into something that works in your favor, and more time playing poker.

wrongshui
04-16-2005, 12:29 AM
He mentioned in another post, he did it for the SV

tolbiny
04-16-2005, 12:36 AM
regardless of the actual reason, the action was correct.

Matty
04-16-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]No he didn't.

Your lies started on the table when you told me you were "wrongshui" on 2+2 as well as empire.

Seems pretty obvious your real account is girgy44.

Oh well, live and learn.

Now please let this stupid thread die.

wrongshui
04-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Like I said before, get a life.

Find a mod, do an IP check, and you'll see I'm not girgy...

I'm a lurker, egotistical morons like you are the reason I never posted much, and have no clue what my original ID is.

As far as I know, there isn't another wrongshui on any site, Im wrongshui on pokerroom, pstars, ub, empire, and PP...

Do yourself a favor, stop trying to get the last attack in, and let it die yourself.

NLSoldier
04-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Perfect.

NLSoldier
04-16-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]No he didn't.

Your lies started on the table when you told me you were "wrongshui" on 2+2 as well as empire.

Seems pretty obvious your real account is girgy44.

Oh well, live and learn.

Now please let this stupid thread die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, No I can gurantee he is not girgy...Girgy was just trying to respond to your original post, not this other idiots reply.

Chiron
04-16-2005, 02:45 AM
http://www.weaintcool.com/pictures/articles/other/argue.jpg

Matty
04-16-2005, 02:55 AM
Okay, but making this thread was +EV and posting pictures as replies is retarded too.

tolbiny
04-16-2005, 03:08 AM
What's better than winning a gold medal in the special olympics?

Not being retarded.

Chiron
04-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Point being the fact that this post had to be created in the first place is juvenile, mostly on the other guy's part--I can't blame you for taking him up on the bet, but this just feels... so high school. Speaking of high school, a friend of mine just told me that cards were banned at my old HS this year b/c some kid gambled away his new SUV (and wouldn't pay up) /images/graemlins/grin.gif Kids these days...

Victor
04-16-2005, 05:14 AM
i would check the flop.

Mr. Graff
04-16-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is that accomplished?

Actually, I'm tempted to fold this flop - 2 to act behind you and you have perhaps 4 outs at best. Weak tight?

Michael Davis
04-16-2005, 08:27 AM
I guess as this site continues to grow there will be more poor-playing 2+2ers and table coaches.

-Michael

Your Mom
04-16-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Point being the fact that this post had to be created in the first place is juvenile, mostly on the other guy's part--I can't blame you for taking him up on the bet, but this just feels... so high school. Speaking of high school, a friend of mine just told me that cards were banned at my old HS this year b/c some kid gambled away his new SUV (and wouldn't pay up) /images/graemlins/grin.gif Kids these days...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were this kid's parents, I would make him give up the SUV. Walking to school every day would be a valuable lesson.

kiddo
04-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Hehe, if this joker is limping with QJo on button after 1 limper he got a lot to learn. Is there any hand u should limp with on button after 1 limper? I have a hard time finding one.

Not raising this preflop is a huge misstake for many reasons.

Perfect play.

etizzle
04-16-2005, 12:03 PM
this is fine, maybe i'd raise for a free card on the flop if he is very passive.