PDA

View Full Version : Weird AQo hand...

Demana
04-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Live $4/6 full ring game

No read on Villian as this is my 3rd hand at the table.

Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop: UTG calls, UTG1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero <font color="red">raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls

5 players to the flop with a pot of 10 SB

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero <font color="red">bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds

3 players to the turn for a 8 BB pot

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif [A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

SB <font color="red">bets</font>, BB folds, Hero <font color="red">raises</font>,

SB looks at his cards, looks at the board for a while...

SB <font color="red">3-bets</font>, Hero calls

Heads up on the river for a 14 BB pot

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif]

SB <font color="red">bets</font>, Hero calls

wrto4556
04-15-2005, 10:00 PM
What's the question?

This is standard, imo.

mantasm
04-15-2005, 10:00 PM
I think if it's capped at 4 bets i'd definitely cap the turn, then call the river if he leads. If not, I think I'd 4-bet and call down if 5-bet.

The turn lead looks a whole lot like the Q helped his hand, which looks a lot like a worse two pair. I guess otherwise he be on some dumb slowplay with a set or a worse two pair.

CallMeIshmael
04-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Online, I cap the turn.

But, I've heard live players tend to be less aggressive (I dont play live much) and this might shift it to a call.

With no read, however, I think I still like a cap (assuming its a cap.. is it??).

Also.. is it 4/6 or 4/8?

einbert
04-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Is the limit seriously $4/$6? How strange.

I cap the turn if the limit is four bets, just call down if there's no cap on the betting.

However, if the big bets are only 3/2 as big as the small bets, that leads me to believe that people are going to play more loosely and aggressively on the big bet streets. If this is the case, I 4-bet and call down a 5-bet.

mr pink
04-15-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

time to call down...

grjr
04-15-2005, 10:38 PM
SB had A /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif?

MoreWineII
04-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm leaning towards capping the turn. That's a strange line from SB and it feels like a worse two pair to me. If he bets into me again on the river, then I'd just call.

Demana
04-17-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

time to call down...

[/ QUOTE ]

After his actions and 3-bet, something just seemed really fishy. I guess this is the difference between online and live: online you don't get to see people make these sorts of actions.

For those that cap, what do you think he would have to play in this way?

Demana
04-17-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the limit seriously $4/$6?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a $3/6 game, not $4/6 /images/graemlins/blush.gif