PDA

View Full Version : Why we call a raise on the river...

meep_42
04-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Kh (two pair, kings and tens).
SB has 6c 6s (two pair, tens and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>

-d

Buck_65
04-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't know if this is supposed to be a fold or no. I know that I'd end up calling here about 80% of the time and be shown the flush or trips/boat. Meh.

einbert
04-15-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is supposed to be a fold or no. I know that I'd end up calling here about 80% of the time and be shown the flush or trips/boat. Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call it. The board is so scary and he checked to you on the river, a flush will bet out here most of the time. He has to be worried about you checking behind. I think you are good here more than once in eleven.

Nick C
04-15-2005, 10:53 PM
I almost always make this river call.

This hand brings back some pleasant memories of 2/4, by the way.

Nick C
04-15-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the 80% is accurate, then the other 20% where you're good is easily enough.

Edit: Oh, wait. You're talking about calling 80% of the time, I've decided.

I do it more often. And at 2/4, anyway, I think it's +EV.

einbert
04-15-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant that he calls this checkraise 80$ of the time and folds 20% of the time.

I think against an unknown you should call 100% of the time, though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nick C
04-15-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant that he calls this checkraise 80$ of the time and folds 20% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I decided too. So I edited.