PDA

View Full Version : QQ on a AJJ board.

Schizo
04-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Just sat down.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

PokerSparky
04-15-2005, 09:44 PM
No cap preflop? Did you have read on BB?

BB's check on the flop tells me he doesn't like the Ace (or he flopped a monster with AA). I fire at this flop.

Spartan1983
04-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Cap preflop. Bet the flop.

Onaflag
04-15-2005, 10:42 PM
I have a problem with dang near every street.

Preflop? I cap.
Flop? No way I'm checking.
Turn? Hard to say what would have happened had I bet out on the flop, but now I think a raise/fold to a reraise is on order.
River? Nice raise. I hope that runner runner flush doesn't have you beat here. BB finally wakes up after a strong preflop bet? I'm a little worried. I may just call here given the way the rest of the hand was played.

Onaflag............

adamstewart
04-15-2005, 10:48 PM
With 4 players in this pot, you might as well cap - equity speaking.

BET THE DAMN FLOP! The ace could be a scare card for everyone else just as much as you. After all, it was checked to you... Further, you can confidently fold to a check-raise on the flop, given the preflop action.

rest of hand plays differently from there.

Adam

mtdoak
04-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Cap that preflop!!! Bet the flop!

Schizo
04-15-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BET THE DAMN FLOP! The ace could be a scare card for everyone else just as much as you. After all, it was checked to you... Further, you can confidently fold to a check-raise on the flop, given the preflop action.

rest of hand plays differently from there.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, bet the flop and cap PF I get it.

I guess I just didn't feel like betting into 3 other people when there was so much PF raising going on. If anyone had hit the board I was beat. Basically, any two broadway cards either beat me or gave villian a gutshot str draw. All those factors, made me think this was a check on the flop. I played scared. Is there ever a case, when you have JJ and you are checked to, that you check the flop?

Schizo
04-15-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn? Hard to say what would have happened had I bet out on the flop, but now I think a raise/fold to a reraise is on order.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the deal with this? Is this for a free showdown?

MoreWineII
04-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Anybody like just going for the overcalls on the river?

Schizo
04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the deal with this? Is this for a free showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump