PDA

View Full Version : Even worth trying?

SGS
04-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Ok so I am in a 1/2 full 6 max game at full tilt. I have 68hh on the button and limp with ~170. There are 2 other limpers and blinds stay in line. 5 players total.

FLOP KQ5 (two hearts)

Checked to me and I bet 5. Folded to the player to my immediate right who check-min-raises. I call. I have him covered and after this sequence he has ~$60 left. Right now I read him as weak and decide even if I don't hit my flush and he bets weak I am going to try to take the pot.

Turn 9o

He bets 10 into 40 and I raise to 50. Thoughts?

SGS

DavidC
04-15-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm not really awesome at this game, and I'm a full ring player, but I'll throw out something and see what you guys think:

He's probably going to push and you have to call it.

The check-minraise means he probably has a made hand or a killer draw. Since he's check-raising HU, it's a made hand here.

Moreover, representing a straight on the turn isn't going to work, though it may have on a rainbow flop.

--Dave.

DavidC
04-15-2005, 09:57 PM
bump...

I'm probably right, but could I get a yay or nay from a more experienced poster?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really awesome at this game, and I'm a full ring player, but I'll throw out something and see what you guys think:

He's probably going to push and you have to call it.

The check-minraise means he probably has a made hand or a killer draw. Since he's check-raising HU, it's a made hand here.

Moreover, representing a straight on the turn isn't going to work, though it may have on a rainbow flop.

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

The_Bends
04-15-2005, 10:06 PM
No a more experience poster but...

Min CR can only mean a hand that wants you to stay in the pot. Underbetting the pot is more often a sign of strenght than weakness. I'd be suprised if he folded.

radioheadfan
04-15-2005, 10:25 PM
I see donks who grossly underbet the pot then call large raises of their bets fairly routinely, especially on Party 6Max.

Take the 5-1 odds he's offering you and try to hit your flush dude. You're getting a great price. CALL. Push when you hit it on the river.

The main way to take advantage of players who don't bet enough is to call, not raise. This tip alone might make you ALOT of money on those 6 MAX tables.

bigt439
04-15-2005, 10:53 PM
From a guy who plays that game alot, he's got you and he's probably calling. This is of course without a read, which you did not include, so I'm assuming did not exist. KQ or K5 sounds about right, then maybe a set, and possibly the ace high flush draw (not likely). He really could have a naked k, but if he's making that play with the naked k, he's probably calling your raise too. Any hand he has that beats you was played pretty damn badly, but so is any hand that you beat. This means he's probably not a great player and using sound logic or putting yourself in his shoes probably won't solve much. You're in trouble too often to make this +EV without a read. Take the cheap draw no need to make a play like this without a good read. That's the key part of this post, you can't just make arbitrary semibluffs in the face of strength; you have to have a reason to do it.