PDA

View Full Version : NFL week nine

mikelow
11-03-2002, 12:33 AM
After a 4-3 college slate ('Dawgs scoreless in 2nd half--had their chances), here are my NFL picks:

Vikings/Bucs over 36.5
Niners +3
Titans +3
Rams/Cardinals over 43
Packers -4 (line has dropped and I don't know why plus cold weather)

This is a tough week in the NFL. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

11-03-2002, 01:16 AM
Its not that bad, feels pretty good to a football player I am sure. Very little wind as well. I think the Dolphins aren't going to have any troubles with the weather. If they get beat using the weather won't be much of an excuse. Snow or a cold wind and I might think it would be a tough one, but just looks like it will be a chilly night and nothing more than that. I will say if you want to bet the Pack I would definitely bet it now, I am pretty certain this number will go up higher before game time because everyone in the world will be thinking Pack at home in cold weather on MNF and bet it up fast. I wouldn't be surprised to see this around 5.5 or 6 again come game time. Just my opinion, though, that the Dolphins are getting sold out way too fast. I don't like Lucas, but facing a guy that took a pretty terrible injury 2 weeks ago I think evens it out just a bit. If Favre is anything less than 100% with the knee could be a big problem because he won't plant correctly throwing and that will change his touch ever so slightly, as well as make him vulnerable and probably take more sacks than he normally would against a very good pass rushing team. Other than in QB I think that the Dolphins have better players overall. Have to respect the fact that they went into Denver (about as tough as it gets this year) and played a lousy game that they got beaten in just about every category except the scoreboard, they quite simply found a way to win. I can't lay a lot of points against a team like that and I think that might be a reason why the line has been dropping.

I like the rest of the picks or don't have opinions against them, although the Titans looked a lot better getting the hook, at 3 flat I think you lose a big part of the potential taking them and I have scratched them off my board.

Wildbill
11-03-2002, 01:17 AM
Sorry, that was my reply there...just forgot to sign in.

scalf
11-03-2002, 08:50 AM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif down here in south carolina 35 degree weather is a blast from yankee hell; proof that anyone who tolerates this insanity deserves what they get....snow and ice/...get the shovels out yanks...i am going golfing...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

mikelow
11-03-2002, 07:07 PM
In the 1980s I lived in Ohio and Connecticut.

Wildbill
11-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Sorry, was kind of kidding about that, I don't think there is anywhere in the country they don't have weather like that except Hawaii or South Florida. Just was making the point that I think it needs to be 15-20 colder or at least somewhat windy to really affect the play of a team. Just seems like I hear this quite a bit from many people and I am just warning that I don't think above freezing temperatures are enough of a factor to make this a consideration for betting the Pack.