PDA

View Full Version : 2 similar hands...played differently. Which one(s) do you dislike?

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-15-2005, 06:58 PM
These are both from my session today. I thought about the first one when I played the other, but there are clearly differences. How'd I do?

UTG, CO and button are all LP-P. Button is 53/2/.6

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds...

Hand 2

Villain is 30/9.5/2.5 and no reads on the guy inbetween us on the flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

Thanks,

Craig

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-16-2005, 01:22 PM
no love? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

krishanleong
04-16-2005, 01:38 PM
These hands are very similiar. I don't mind a cr in the first hand. I think you have to drop it if there is a cold-caller who shows agression on the turn or if a club comes on the turn but you probably have pretty good equity at the moment with a chance to face the field with 2.

The second hand is the same except you actually cr.

Krishan

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-16-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The second hand is the same except you actually cr.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I folded the first hand is that I had 2 LP-Ps between me and the bettor. There are a lot of bad cards to come for me on the following streets and I won't know where I am. Some of them have overs and some of them probably have clubs. It seemed like a reverse implied odds situation to me.

krishanleong
04-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Saying they are LP doesn't tell me if they are going to call 2 on the flop. I find WTSD a useful stat to display for this sort of thing. It's a moot point how many outs they have if you can fold them out. Both hands have big reverse implied odds. The second hand might even be tougher because you won't know when your hand is toast. In the first hand you can just drop it when a club comes.

Krishan

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Ok, I should've made it more clear. They were calling stations(it was one of the best games I've been in.) Yes, I use WSD on my PV and find it extremely helpful.

In the 2nd case, no read on the guy in between, but the better was quite aggro as mentioned.

krishanleong
04-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Both hands look really good then. You don't want to go against calling stations with a hand with large reverse implied odds. I've started including WTSD in my PT stats when I post.

Krishan

climber
04-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Hand 1-- at 6Max I def c/r this if i get lucky and only get a bet from the button--perfect scenario in my mind. Even calling stations can usually lay down to a monotone board and a c/r if they don't have one of that suit. Heck half the time the button won't even have one of the suit himself. However, with them being uber calling stations I like your decision. This is the kind of thing I need to get better at doing. Recogniving the marginally profitabel situation and walking away from it. I kind of suck playing against these kind of guys.

Hand 2--standard.