PDA

View Full Version : folding TT to 1 raise PF

donger
04-15-2005, 06:49 PM
I just folded TT in LP to someone who is LP-P who open raised from middle position. His stats are 36%/4%/0.97AF.

I reasoned that it was way behind the range of hands a 3% PFR player would raise
Good/bad/thoughts?

ckessel
04-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Any other callers? Against someone with just a 4% PFR I might fold that too or reraise. Definately not a cold call though.

At best you're 50/50 (you vs overcards) so it's hard to call this a bad fold. Unless you had enough limpers to justify the implied odds flopping a set would net you.

cold_cash
04-15-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just folded TT in LP to someone who is LP-P who open raised from middle position. His stats are 36%/4%/0.97AF.

I reasoned that it was way behind the range of hands a 3% PFR player would raise
Good/bad/thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

After how many hands?

donger
04-15-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good/bad/thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

After how many hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

69 at that point..

admiralfluff
04-15-2005, 07:13 PM
that's a bad read. 69 hands is nothing when you're looking at pfr. I think you should 3 bet here.

Nate tha' Great
04-15-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good/bad/thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

After how many hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

69 at that point..

[/ QUOTE ]

!

Not a good fold. I've had plenty of 69-hand stretches where my PFR was 0%, and plenty of others when it was 25%. If he's a "true" 4% PFR, the decision would be fairly close, but he's likely somewhat higher than that.

einbert
04-15-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At best you're 50/50 (you vs overcards) so it's hard to call this a bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCEPT:

-You have position
-This 36VPIP player probably plays poorly postflop
-You will outflop two overcards about 2/3 of the time
-When you three-bet there will generally be dead blind money in the pot

donger
04-15-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At best you're 50/50 (you vs overcards) so it's hard to call this a bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCEPT:

-You have position
-This 36VPIP player probably plays poorly postflop
-You will outflop two overcards about 2/3 of the time
-When you three-bet there will generally be dead blind money in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't feel quite right when I did it. I've been playing pretty horribly lately, and not 3 betting was probably partially due to a lack of confidence :/

shant
04-15-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It didn't feel quite right when I did it. I've been playing pretty horribly lately, and not 3 betting was probably partially due to a lack of confidence :/

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems then that you know what the right move was.

SmileyEH
04-15-2005, 08:16 PM
That number doesn't mean anything with only 70 hands, other than that he is a loose passive player. You don't know to what degree he is so a 3bet is in order.

-SmileyEH