PDA

View Full Version : Play 2 pair like TPTK?? My biggest leak

Raemius
04-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Is it a safe tight strategy to play 2 pair like TPTK. I'm just thinking, you can be beaten by any pocket pair that has hit the set. 2 pair have been disasterous for me to this point. Thoughts? I'm talking about a ull table 8-10 players.

If I hit a TPTK and acting first, I bet 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot. If raised I fold. In late position, I may throw out a raise if bet into first, and if called, I play very cautios on the turn and river. Unless I am BB or SB or Button, I have generally raised preflop with whatever hand I am playing.

Freudian
04-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I play it like TPTK if the board has draws. Of course like everything else it depends. When ITM I basically assume it will be the best hand at showdown and try to find a way to get all my chips in.

Raemius
04-15-2005, 06:49 PM
I agree with you there. What about someone hitting a set? Assuming it has been rasied pre-flop, it is likely someone has a pocket pair already.

Maulik
04-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I think the more you play the more you'll just be able to have a good idea of whether your 2 pair is good. Analysis of texture will help you a lot, the more analytical you get the less you'll worry.

Apathy
04-15-2005, 09:27 PM
From your strangely worded post I duduct two leaks in your game. One is not so serious and the other one is very serious.

1. You fold the best hand too often.
2. You play too many hands PF early on.

try posting some of the hands your talking about and I wil try to comment.