PDA

View Full Version : More help

djoverpour
04-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Here is another one. These seem like the type of hands that I get in the most trouble with. After the flop I called the bet beacuse I felt I had 7 good outs (4 Kings and 3 Aces) and I was getting good pot odds. The Turn missed me but the same thing with the pot odds. Then I hit the Ace on the river.

I guess I should have put him on a higher and and felt that my outs to the ace might not have been good but is that realistic? If so the outs to the straight shouldnt have been enough call.

Anyways, as always feedback is appreciated.

Assume no valid table reads.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

cold_cash
04-15-2005, 04:47 PM
I would most likely raise the flop. I think the pot is big enough to tussle over.

If you're lucky you can knock out the CO and get a free river card.

If you're realllllllllly lucky you might even fold a hand like A7, which should give you a boner. (But will probably happen only rarely.)

You also need to remember to discount your Ace outs.

tiltaholic
04-15-2005, 04:54 PM
yeah. i definitely raise this flop for the reason coldcash mentions.

the hand likely plays out differently then.

djoverpour
04-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Alright I see what you are saying. My logic was to be able to see the next card as cheap as possible thus the call.

cold_cash
04-15-2005, 05:08 PM
But if the flop raise works you get 2 cards for 1 big bet, as opposed to 2 cards for 1.5 big bets.

djoverpour
04-15-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if the flop raise works you get 2 cards for 1 big bet, as opposed to 2 cards for 1.5 big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I see...Well noted!

MrEngenic
04-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Hmm, I would raise the flop here to make the others fold and try the free card play. You have a draw to a probably winner so you don't mind getting 3-bet very much. If you raise you may make someone with a low pair fold and you might win with A high UI if MP2 is on the low end of the straight draw. You want someone with A7 to fold for the same reason.
If you raise the river, CO will fold many hands that you beat but not one that has you beat. If MP2 has a better hand he might reraise. I think this is a situation where you want CO to overcall, so the call is fine.