PDA

View Full Version : pathetic brag post - sorry I'm just too damn excited not to.

meow_meow
04-15-2005, 04:33 PM
I've been playing the 100NL for a long time, profitably, and taking some shots at 400-1000NL/PL. I've taken some beats, and made some bad plays. All in all prior to today at those limits, I was a less-than-impressive 0.14BB/100 (but at least in the black).

The following hand, which just happened 5 minutes ago, is by far the largest pot I've ever been involved in. The thing is, I think I might have played it like a monkey, and been rewarded.

Here Goes: reads - CO is LAG, and will call big bets on draws. SB is LP, but not afraid to put a lot of money in on scary boards. On the flop, I put CO on TPTK or OESD, and SB - does he have the 6's? very possible, but so is 2 pair. I was very close to a fold....

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($958)
CO ($1513)
Button ($527)
SB ($1812.7)
Hero ($1540.25)
UTG ($1151)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $20</font>, Button calls $20, SB (poster) calls $15, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($80) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $108</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $412</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1422</font>, CO calls $1314, SB calls $1010.

Turn: ($4346) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero calls $98.25 (All-In), CO calls $71 (All-In), SB calls $98.25.

River: ($4613.50) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $4613.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has As Ah (one pair, aces).
Hero has Js Qs (two pair, queens and jacks).
CO has Ks Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins $4613.50. </font>

I'm going for a walk, get some fresh air.

Finite_Risk
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Nice hand, I guess...but don't know how you thought you were ahead with the 2 huge raises...but whatever read you had was right!

TrailofTears
04-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Very nice pot. Congrats and best wishes at the higher stakes.

As for the actual hand, that is what those two get for slowplaying their monsters.

radioheadfan
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Always great to see bad play rewarded, even at the higher levels.

By the way, your two opponents played their hands miserably.

How would you have felt if a 6 hit the river?

meow_meow
04-15-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Always great to see bad play rewarded, even at the higher levels.

By the way, your two opponents played their hands miserably.

How would you have felt if a 6 hit the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, obviously you think folding on the flop was the correct play..? The more I think about the hand, the more I feel like having to make a difficult decision, versus having the SCN, makes it just that much sweeter.

A six on the river (or any one of the 10 outs my opponents had collectively on the turn) would have annoyed me (duh), but not as much as the time I flopped the nut straight on the flop, got all-in and lost to a runner-runner full house, or the time I got all-in with a set of queens on the turn and lost to a rivered set of kings, both pots &gt;1k.

Edit: Actually just saw another post you made right after this one, suggesting that you would fold the nuts on the flop as you don't like the potential coinflip. Haha. I'm not surprised you don't like this one then.

Sponger15SB
04-15-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($80) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap that is horrible!

DavidC
04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice pot. Congrats and best wishes at the higher stakes.

As for the actual hand, that is what those two get for slowplaying their monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE it when people slowplay and I suck out: absolutely love it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That being said, this is a very very strange flop bet (initial).

Why did you do that?

--Dave.

Edit: You monkey!

meow_meow
04-15-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap that is horrible!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as bad as it looks - CO was playing very strangely - would come in for a minraise about 30% of the time (like this hand). On the flop, he could check it around whether he hit or not, but I think it is against his religion to just call a bet smaller than pot sized. I'm just baiting him.

edit: let me explain this better. I don't want this to be checked around, sb has already checked. CO is playing in a very pecular way - he will call pot sized bets with medium strengh hands and draws, but any bet 1/2 pot or less on the flop is like a red flag auto-raise signal for him. I bet the min so he will raise so I can pot it and hopefully push him out right there, or at least on the turn. I totally believe he would have checked behind me otherwise.

zaxx19
04-16-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not as bad as it looks

[/ QUOTE ]