PDA

View Full Version : ANother 215 AK hand

David100
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t90)
MP1 (t1905)
MP2 (t710)
MP3 (t935)
CO (t570)
Button (t1910)
Hero (t975)
BB (t1410)
UTG (t1495)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, MP3 calls t30, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls t120, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls t120, Button folds.

Flop: (t570) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (t570) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Comments on how played. What to do on turn?

David

David100
04-15-2005, 04:19 PM
and no reads.

citanul
04-15-2005, 04:47 PM
seems like you had a good plan on the flop with ace high, i'd probably continue with that plan.

the raise preflop is quite ok.

citanul

DonButtons
04-16-2005, 01:22 AM
I dont like raising in the sb to 150 here. For sure, your going to get a caller or two, and playing out of position sucks. This is one of those times, I like to push AK preflop or just call and hope to nail a monster, and play a small pot if a Ace flops.

I dunno, maybe Im playing ak weird now a days, but check/folding a flop 33% of the time this early sucks after committing that many chips.

Degen
04-16-2005, 01:26 AM
well i play at a lower level...but i never raise out the the SB w/ AK, and if i did, i would definately throw a 1/2 pot sized bet out at the flop and try to take it down with my (possibly) 10 outs.

Degen

citanul
04-16-2005, 10:28 AM
hrm, sorry about that, i totally didn't notice that you were the sb. i'm still not hating the raise, though i'll often not raise in this spot for a variety of reasons. amongst those reasons are that people will overplay top pair bad kicker against you when they now "can't believe you didn't raise with ak." i dont' know about the idea of just pushing here, that seems a little strange. i think that if you're going to just push, you could accomplish the same thing by raising to about 225 or so, and not get stuck to a limped big pair those times that they are out there. there's still a bunch of chips out there waiting to get taken, and you've got good folding equity, so i can't make myself truly hate the raise.

citanul

David100
04-16-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well i play at a lower level...but i never raise out the the SB w/ AK, and if i did, i would definately throw a 1/2 pot sized bet out at the flop and try to take it down with my (possibly) 10 outs.

Degen

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like the half sized pot bet here. A half sized bet makes me look weak and i never play to look weak and cannot afford to lose 260 chips.

The board is very scary. I was thinking of a pot sized bet as it makes me look stronger than a half sized one. However someone is likely to have a something which would put me all in as i am pot comitted if i do this. So why not push straight up? I think this makes me look weak and may get me callers.

I don't think i would have 10 outs, as many of them may complete someone elses draw.

I think checking is the right option here to see what the others do. I need to see where i am.

Now as for the turn they have shown weakness by checking, and as it is a blank, what to do?

David