PDA

View Full Version : KTo limp/fold on the Button

pokerstudAA
04-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

I started limping this kind of garbage in the back lately. Mainly with 4 limpers ahread of me. KTo, KJo, QTo, JTo, ATo - thats ok right?

Flop: (4.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

Either raise or fold here?

adamstewart
04-15-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Either raise or fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise, what do you do if 3-bet?

Adam

einbert
04-15-2005, 03:53 PM
I would rather raise than fold or limp preflop. Make the blinds and poster pay to see the flop, you likely have the best hand. This changes if you have a read of UTG as good though.

On the flop you're getting 6.5-1. You have the best hand a lot of the time and most of the time when you don't you have a full 5 outs to the best hand. I'm usually going to raise this flop and go from there. I don't think calling is awful though.

einbert
04-15-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO it's a pretty easy call and fold the turn UI.

pokerstudAA
04-15-2005, 03:56 PM
If I get 3-bet I guess it is check fold/the turn. 5-outs getting 3:1 on the turn bet.

No 3bet - I bet the turn.

adamstewart
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO it's a pretty easy call and fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I was just illustrating a disadvantage to raising this flop.

If 3-bet, you're more or less obligated to call.

That's why I see merits in calling this flop too.

Adam

pokerstudAA
04-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I can call closing the action getting about 7:1. With 5 outs.

The BB might just check/call or check/fold the turn. He may have bet a worse ten - I have MPTK.

Calling the flop doesnt look so bad.

Think I should have raised preflop with the poster.

ckessel
04-15-2005, 04:58 PM
The BB, if he caught a T, may figure the passive preflop limps means no one has an ace and so he'll bet out and fold if things get active. The call on the mostly uncoordinated board by the MP2 looks like maybe a gutshot or a weak T.

You've got 2nd pair with the best kicker you could have (since you can't have an ace). I think the only thing you're losing to is a weak ace in the big blind and it's probably worth raising the flop.