PDA

View Full Version : FYP = LAME

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 03:43 PM
These posts were funny the first few times. Now there's one in like every thread. It's ranking up there with pwn3d now. So knock it off, cockbreaths.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Cmon...someone do it.

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 03:44 PM
yea i know i left myself open. whatever. fu.

Jack of Arcades
04-15-2005, 03:45 PM
It's also really idiotic when the "fixed" version of the post becomes really unfunny.

daryn
04-15-2005, 03:45 PM
very obvious that it is lame, that's why you never see anyone with half a brain do it. same with straight up quoting someone's post and saying no more.

AngryCola
04-15-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very obvious that it is lame, that's why you never see anyone with half a brain do it. same with straight up quoting someone's post and saying no more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 03:48 PM
You've become too predictable.

Jazza
04-15-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta disagree with the quoting other peoples posts

what do you do when you want to say something that's already been said?

meep_42
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit the 'Back' button on your browser and move on.

-d

moondogg
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nolanfan34
04-15-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about just don't post in the thread?

daryn
04-15-2005, 03:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't say it? or say i agree and then maybe add something new?

if you're having a conversation in a group of people, and one guy says something everyone agrees with, they do not go around the room quoting the guy.

Jazza
04-15-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're having a conversation in a group of people, and one guy says something everyone agrees with, they do not go around the room quoting the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's cause saying I agree is easiest, but here just hitting the quote button is easiest

AngryCola
04-15-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've become too predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've been called worse. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mcb
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't agree with you at first, but this is a good point.

pubz r 4 nubz!
On the internet, no one cares if you agree.

Tyler Durden
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a poor example b/c ppl in real life don't do many things that are acceptable forms of communication on a message board.

But yes, we agree that FYP is getting old and dumb.

lucas9000
04-15-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true...instead they honor the astute comment with a toast of their coconut-shell drinks.

asofel
04-15-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true...instead they honor the astute comment with a toast of their coconut-shell drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. well done.

uw_madtown
[ QUOTE ]
These posts were never funny. Now there's one in like every thread. It's ranking up there with pwn3d now. So knock it off, cockbreaths.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Jazza
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's kind of ironic you just said what two others have said

daryn
04-15-2005, 03:55 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are delicious baby. if i ever meet you, i will bash your skull in with a coconut.

AngryCola
04-15-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But yes, we agree that FYP is getting old and dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with this, and admit to using it once.

I only quoted Daryn to be spiteful, though.
As you already said, however, it was much too predictable. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nolanfan34
04-15-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they were faster than me and got their comments posted first. When I looked at the thread again, I realized how dumb I looked. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I agree with the OP, FYP was funny at first, but now it's lame.

moondogg
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was 4 people simultaneously disagreeing with you in the span of 1-2 minutes. That takes skill.

lucas9000
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are delicious baby. if i ever meet you, i will bash your skull in with a coconut.

[/ QUOTE ]

what could be lamer than simply quoting a response and adding nothing more, or pulling the "fyp" maneuver? answer: hollow internet threats of physical violence. well played!

daryn
04-15-2005, 03:58 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what could be lamer than simply quoting a response and adding nothing more, or pulling the "fyp" maneuver? answer: hollow internet threats of physical violence. well played!

[/ QUOTE ]

joke (jok)
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal.
1. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lucas9000
04-15-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

joke (jok)
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal.
1. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

[/ QUOTE ]

that you had to post the deinition of "joke" shows how complete and utter a failure your attempt at humor was.

Jazza
04-15-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was 4 people simultaneously disagreeing with you in the span of 1-2 minutes. That takes skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

the important thing is that i agree with you all that FYP is lame, i'll just leave it at that

Sponger15SB
04-15-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These posts were funny the first few times. I also would like to add that I am a stupid idiot with no friends, I'm also fat and ugly. Only my mom loves me. I only have sex with fat chicks and I have to pay them. I eat my own poo

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

Broken Glass Can
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have nothing important to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

Wait, I wasn't supposed to do that, was I?

daryn
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SossMan
04-15-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] something meaningful

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the important thing is that i agree with you all that FYP is lame. it's important because it might make you like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

scotty34
04-15-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These posts were funny the first few times. Now there's one in like every thread. It's ranking up there with pwn3d now. So knock it off, cockbreaths.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it was funny the first few times, everyone decided "oooo, I want to be funny too" and did it. Thus it became regular, unoriginal, and no longer funny. As is the case with most things that are funny in this forum.

If you have a gem and make people laugh, leave it at that, don't try to milk it for more because it will become lame. If you see someone else post a gem, don't try to use it as well, it's theirs, and rest assured they will kill it themselves in no time.

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey Sponger, why don't you go ridicule the guy that has to go back to service in the Middle East at the age of 37?

You were quite popular and totally correct in that thread.

Just kidding, toolbag.

daryn
04-15-2005, 04:23 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it was funny the first few times, everyone decided "oooo, I want to be funny too" and did it. Thus it became regular, unoriginal, and no longer funny. As is the case with most things that are funny in this forum.

If you have a gem and make people laugh, leave it at that, don't try to milk it for more because it will become lame. If you see someone else post a gem, don't try to use it as well, it's theirs, and rest assured they will kill it themselves in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

such sage advice.. but sadly it will not be taken. that's how life is.

scotty34
04-15-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

such sage advice.. but sadly it will not be taken. that's how life is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you're right. I kind of tried to imply that by making the last statement assume that the first one won't be followed.

asofel
04-15-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

such sage advice.. but sadly it will not be taken. that's how OOT is.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Actually, I learned this the first day. I responded seriously to something and then read the other replies...yeah, that was the last time I tried saying anything of value...

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 04:35 PM
You know what else is lame?

The whole equals sign thing. Talk about way oversused. Things like FYP = LAME. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BreakEvenPlayer
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Tyler Durden is the new Daryn.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tyler Durden is the new Daryn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have dibs on the new Tyler Durden? Can I be him?

Gamblor
04-15-2005, 04:41 PM
I pubz 1337 for pubes?

wouldn't the nubz have NO pubz?

Sponger15SB
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sponger, why don't you go ridicule the guy that has to go back to service in the Middle East at the age of 37?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Yasar Al Keliddar, why don't you go fly a plane into a building.

[ QUOTE ]
Just kidding, toolbag.

[/ QUOTE ]
wait wait, did the guy who wears a "patented speaker city hat" just call me a tool bag?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously look at the picture of these guys and tell me that you didn't think "wow, I could build a house with all these tools"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/OsamaBLfriends.jpg

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 05:12 PM
It's Yaser ok chachi. Note the correct spelling.

Also I'm disturbed that you found that picture. I shudder at the thought of what you do with it each night.

And my Speaker City hat is awesome. Don't kid yourself.

Sponger15SB
04-15-2005, 05:16 PM
1) I went to poker pages WSOP page and saw your name, its not my fault its not spelled correctly
2) I searched your posts for "speaker city" and then found the "pictures of yourself" post (or whatever)
3) Yeah, you're hat is cool.... Did you buy it at urban outfitters?

Pocket Trips
04-15-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come to grips with the fact that the world does not care that you agree with what has been posted????

If someone alrady posted what you had to say and you cannot add anything to it or phrase it even just SLIGHTLY different. then who cares that you agree with the post you are quoting???????

i wanna be me
04-15-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously look at the picture of these guys and tell me that you didn't think "wow, I could build a house with all these tools"

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/OsamaBLfriends.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe - maybe not...but well played sir. the speaker city hat is one thing, but what's with that wolf shirt on the left? "wow, i could build a house with that tool".

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Yes they screwed up my name, and also the spelling of my hometown. Bastards.

I bought the hat on eBay. It's almost my most prized possession.

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't know the guy w/ the wolf shirt. The only one I'm friends w/ is the guy next to him in the blue shirt, and he's a good sh1t. I don't know the guy right next to me either.

Anyway it's not like we're half naked in a hot tub ok?

IndieMatty
04-15-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes they screwed up my name, and also the spelling of my hometown. Bastards.

I bought the hat on eBay. It's almost my most prized possession.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.meshhat.com/nspcitrhatme.html

Purposely pasted the URL raw, Meshhat.com? Kill me if I ever make a purchase there.

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Listen dillhole. My hat isn't mesh. It's 100% cotton. I'm not Ashton Kutcher ok?

nolanfan34
04-15-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway it's not like we're half naked in a hot tub ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a point there.

IndieMatty
04-15-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Listen dillhole. My hat isn't mesh. It's 100% cotton. I'm not Ashton Kutcher ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think dillhole is necesary. What's a dillhole?

Tyler Durden
04-15-2005, 06:17 PM
My apologies. I dunno what a dillhole is.

DBowling
04-15-2005, 06:27 PM
FYT

asofel
04-15-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My apologies. I dunno what a dillhole is.

[/ QUOTE ]

dillhole (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dillhole&amp;r=f)

Tyler Durden
04-16-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised that nobody has pointed out how inappropriate this is. I'm not offended at all, I know I have the name of a terrorist, but I'm sure some people are 9-11 sensitive enough for this to hit close to home.

J_V
04-16-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
same with straight up quoting someone's post and saying no more.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about your sexy boyfriend Diablo - he loves to do it. XOXOXOXOXOXXO

daryn
04-16-2005, 04:41 AM
same with straight up quoting someone's post and saying no more.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about your sexy boyfriend Diablo - he loves to do it. XOXOXOXOXOXXO

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt he does but if so he is a moron

Wes ManTooth
04-16-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Sponger,

You are a douche bag,

Your piss poor attempt to be funny was not only inappropriate, but it also shows how big of an ignorant racist stupid [censored] you are.

In Conclusion… Sponger grow up.

-Wes ManTooth

purnell
04-16-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif "

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
04-16-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised that nobody has pointed out how inappropriate this is. I'm not offended at all, I know I have the name of a terrorist, but I'm sure some people are 9-11 sensitive enough for this to hit close to home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait 9-11? I just wanted to think of a fun way for you to kill yourself...

Seriously though, if I ever said anything racist and was serious I would have to kick my own ass.

Glad you weren't offended.

*cough* tool

wacki
04-16-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are seriously offended by that joke, odds are you have a towel on your head.

Or a doggy whistle for sphincter.

Sponger15SB
04-16-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or a doggy whistle for sphincter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what that means but it sounds really funny.

JaBlue
04-16-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am gay

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki
04-16-2005, 08:09 PM
The sphicter is the muscle surrounding the butthole.

If you blow air (or gas) through a small hole you can get a whistle.

If you blow air (or gas) through a really small hole you can get a doggy whistle.

Tyler Durden
04-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow that's hilarious. Jokes where you have to explain the humor are always the best. Everybody knows that.

wacki
04-16-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow that's hilarious. Jokes where you have to explain the humor are always the best. Everybody knows that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it was a joke?

I was describing a personality trait.

Tyler Durden
04-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Dude that would be a physical trait. You never hear anyone say "you know what's great about her personality, she has lovely eyes"

Klepton
04-16-2005, 10:46 PM
can we put just the speaker city hat in the hot tub, with it's own coconut drink...rememebr just the hat

wacki
04-16-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude that would be a physical trait. You never hear anyone say "you know what's great about her personality, she has lovely eyes"

[/ QUOTE ]

1. tight ass
A cheap person or a over cautious person. Tight taken from 'Uptight'.
Dude, Macv won't even have people over cuz he thinks we will make a mess of his house, what a tight ass.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tight+ass&amp;r=f

See also:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q=anal+retentive+[censored]&amp;btnG=Google+Search

Where are you from? With as much as you talk about sex, and as much as you say "Dude", I thought you would be a Californian surfer dude with a Dell or something.

After hearing your name, very wierd images are going through my head.