PDA

View Full Version : Trying Stud/8

beta1607
04-15-2005, 03:40 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___raises
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls

River

Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets___raises (all-in)
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___calls

How bad was my call on 3rd considering I was the bring in? Seat 2 is a total manic for what its worth and seat 8 seems decent, hasnt gotten out of line yet.

Hauser_III
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
If seat 1 had called, so that you were looking at two probable low boards ahead of you, then I would fold the rough 8, rather than calling the completion. With only seat 2 calling as a potential low, and because your 8 is in the hole, I'd call the completion. If the 8 was up, however, even with seat 2 as the only low caller, I wouldn't call the completion with the unsuited, unconnected (43)8.

Andy B
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
If the guy with the Seven were a decent player, I would definitely fold third. Given your characterization, I'd say the call is still marginal. You have a very weak one-way hand, and this hand has to come down very good for you right away for you to be able to continue.

And so it does. The calls on fourth and fifth are fine. The sixth-street raise is a must. The maniac cannot be allowed to draw out on your crappy low for free. When he three-bets, however, it looks like he's going high. You should be free-rolling on him. I would re-raise unless I thought I stood to lose more in rake than I would gain in equity by getting an extra bet in with three outs, and perhaps none, for half the pot. I don't know what the rake structure is for this game, so that's hard to say. Generally speaking, I raise without thinking, though. Good raise on the river. Hope you swept.