PDA

View Full Version : 44 in the BB

TMFS9
04-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Party 5/10 6 max

The button is Loose Passive 45/5, open limps on the button frequently, loose passive postflop as well but will fold when shown some strength.

The SB is slighly loose and aggressive 33/19, postflop plays fairly well.

I'm dealt in the BB 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

All fold to the Button who open limps, the small blind raises, I call, the button calls.

The flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

The SB bets, I raise

Thoughts? Stadard, spewing chips, or a solid aggressive move?

krishanleong
04-15-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't like it. I fold and wait for a better spot. What hands do you put him on? Once you have that range, can you get him to fold any hands that are better? (I don't think he ever releases an ace for instance) Given the range I think you'll find your a big dawg in this spot.

Krishan

Victor
04-15-2005, 02:10 PM
i would fold here usually but maybe ur line is good. i assume you will fold when he more shows any aggression. this could be a good line and might even make your opp fold a 6.

krishanleong
04-15-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
make your opp fold a 6

[/ QUOTE ]

What 6 do you put a SB raiser on with any probability.

Krishan

TMFS9
04-15-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you have that range, can you get him to fold any hands that are better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that a relatively solid LAG player in the sb is raising a wide range hands here to knock me out of the hand and get it headsup with the button. I don't necessarily think that he will lay down a better hand but it is quite possible I am ahead and he's just auto betting the flop. There is also a slight possibility he will lay down a mid pocket pair.

krishanleong
04-15-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think that a relatively solid LAG player in the sb is raising a wide range hands here to knock me out of the hand and get it headsup with the button. I don't necessarily think that he will lay down a better hand but it is quite possible I am ahead and he's just auto betting the flop. There is also a slight possibility he will lay down a mid pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

These things are all true. The question is what is the probablity of each.

Krishan

TMFS9
04-15-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i assume you will fold when he more shows any aggression

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I was thinking that I would fold to a 3 bet, and check fold if the button called.