PDA

View Full Version : KK when the ace flops

mute
04-15-2005, 01:29 PM
SB is a decent player 21/6/2 after 200 hands. MP2 is a fish.

Any comments appreciated.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

JoshuaD
04-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Looks good to me. There's a very good chance he has AT.

Redeye
04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
You don't think he can safely fold the flop here? A decent player betting into two players, one of which is the PFR and also the board is totall uncoordinated. I think I could get away from this hand in this small pot. However, I'm going through like 1 10k+ hand streak at about 0.6BB/100, so that may be influencing my decision.

SmileyEH
04-15-2005, 02:02 PM
The fishy player is protecting this flop. I don't hate a flop fold.

-SmileyEH

Pocket77s
04-15-2005, 02:09 PM
It's a good fold, the pot is small, 6.5 BB and you are only drawing to two outs, the preflop better check-raised you on the turn which indicates a strong hand. I could get away from this hand after not improving on the turn.

wrto4556
04-15-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. There's a very good chance he has AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really like the flop raise? What is he betting that hero has beat?

citizenkn
04-15-2005, 02:13 PM
A bet and a call into a pre-flop raiser? Easy fold. Smallish pot, and no one will fold an ace here, no matter how aggressive you are.

Emmitt2222
04-15-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm folding this flop. Although folding kings sucks, you can't get into the mentality that your hand is so strong that you can't lay it down on the flop. SB, who is a decent player, has just coldcalled from the blind without spectacular odds so he must have a decent hand like a suited broadway or pocket pair. When he bets into you on the flop I am thinking that he hit a set or an A because that board is so ragged. The only other possibility is that he has a medium PP, well anywhere from 77-QQ and he sees this as a good flop for betting out on. The problem that comes in is that the fish is in the middle and if he has an A he is calling all the way down anyway. If this were headsup I would play it the way you did, but with the fish in there complicating things and with SB less likely to get tricky when there are two opponents I would fold I think. Something inside me tells me it is weaktight, but I think it is the best thing to do.

CanKid
04-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I play the flop the same way, I check behind on the turn and take it from there

chesspain
04-15-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm ambivalent about the flop play, but given that you raised, folding to the turn checkraise is mighty easy.

TripleH68
04-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Given the line hero takes you must fold to the turn check-raise, barring a very specific read on the SB.

alul
04-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I check behind the turn and call the river (or bet if they both checked). You can't always be aggressive with kings, not with this flop anyway.

mute
04-15-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
given that you raised, folding to the turn checkraise is mighty easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that was kind of the point, although I was hoping that an ace would be 3betting the flop, or betting out on the turn, which would make folding cheaper.

einbert
04-15-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

IMO the turn fold is very easy.

mute
04-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure that I understand this concept. Some of the time he calls down with an ace, and some of the time (more often?) he is calling down with less. Doesn't these two scenarios offset each other?

Or do you mean that it makes it that much more likely that SB has the ace?

chesspain
04-15-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I don't disagree with the latter, it's not because of the former. Fishy players don't need an ace to call a raggedy ace-high flop. Now, if we were at the river after two more rags fell, I would give more weight to the protected pot theory if the action came to me following a bet and a call.