PDA

View Full Version : internet site question, which one...

Timmay
04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
just some quick backround info. Been playing poker for about 8 years. Been student of the game for about 4 years. I have read most of the 2+2 books plus many others till the covers have peeled off. I study all my important transcripts and have built up a very nice bankroll over the past 4 years playing 1/2-3/6. (over 20k playing part time)

My question is this. I read these boards but never have posted. I see alot of talk about party poker. I have made most of my cash playing paradise poker. From reading this site for about 6 months now I'm thinking of trying party. does anyone play paradise here AND party that could compare the two sites? I just want some feedback from anyone who has knowledge of both sites and the type of features party offers that paradise does not (such as hand analysis, stats, game stats ect.., track stats of other players?) Also the type of players that are found (majority) at party poker.

thanks

AncientPC
04-15-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about limit.

Both sites are pretty fishy, but from my experience Paradise is calling station-fishy while Party is more LAG-fishy.

The biggest difference (outside of those spiffy Paradise graphics) is that Party Poker writes hand histories to your hard-drive, and can be automatically imported into your PT for use with PV or GT+. With Paradise, sometimes they don't e-mail you the hand histories until 30 minutes - 24 hours after you've already played the hand.

Timmay
04-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Ya, I ment limit /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also you mention imported to a PT? A palm?
I'm not that computer savey. I play online but im not to familiar with different abbriviations. PV and GT+?? What do these stand for? Are they analysis programs you can use for your transcripts of different poker hands? I usually just take the knowledge I have gained from books over the past years and play experiance and anyalize them myself. I would love to have a solid programe though that helps with anyalisis and keeps track of all my transcrpits that i can pull up at a touch of a button and keep em organized. right now I just print out the scrips and organize them in a HUGE binder that has well over 10k pages of important transcripts (i have mult binders). Would be much easyer keeping these stats in a programe instead of me hauling that TOMB of transcripts around when I study.

thanks

AncientPC
04-15-2005, 02:04 PM
PT = Poker Tracker
PV = PlayerView
GT+ = GameTime+

Just Google or do a forum search to find more about them.

A-Baum
04-15-2005, 02:05 PM
I have played Paradise, Pokerstars, and Party extensively. Party is my least favorite. I can't stand their software. The game menu is terrible, and the tables/cards/chips graphics suck. I don't like how it looks, and I don't like how close the chips are to the player avatars. Paradise and Pokerstars make it so easy to see who's still in the pot, who raised, and pot size. I just can't stand Party personally. It's a toss up between Paradise and Stars being my favorite. I like things about both.

playersare
04-15-2005, 02:09 PM
I would think there are numerous advantages that Party Poker has over Paradise:

1) better rake/bonus structure. while Party does take up to 10% out of the pot in 50c/$1 and $1/2 LHE games, you still come out ahead once you figure in the 20 cents bonus per raked hand for initial signups. without a bonus, paradise would be better, but with 6 different skins in the party network and frequent reloads on at least 2 of them (+ IGMPAY), the long range opportunities are better on Party.

2) affiliate rakeback. paradise only gives flat CPA commission to affiliates who bring new players to the site. most of the Party skins have a revenue sharing deal which pays 30-35% of attributed rake to the agent who signed the new player up. many affiliates then kick back 25-30% of that commission back to the player in a separate, private transaction. for high-volume/high-limit play (at least enough to offset the bonuses deducted from MGR), a little something extra once a month definitely can help.

3) real-time PT/GT compatibility. while both sites provide hand histories which can be downloaded and analyzed by a program like Poker Tracker, the Party Skins data is saved to your drive automatically and in real time, so you can utilize the figures while you still sitting at the same table.

3) larger pool of mediocre players. there are about 7 times more ring game players on the Party network compared to Paradise, and they obviously can't all be good at poker. Paradise can be extremely weak-tight at times, with flop rates dropping below 20% when there's a reload bonus active. Party has its share of stingy tables but there are a LOT more good tables available at virtually any time of the day.

4) player points system. while not a major incentive in of itself to play on Party Poker, any semi-frequent player will be able to earn "points" towards merchandise (shirts & hats) as well as enter in daily freeroll tournaments with prize pools up to $5000. there are also Gold and Silver tiers of the program which also add cashback options and other "special" promotional opportunities.

Timmay
04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks thats good info on party. you are right about alot of the paradise players being weak tight at the lower limits (even some at the higher ones). I sometimes wait for a good table 40%+ seeing flop. Play that for a bit, and then when the live ones leave I get up and find a new table or just follow the live ones. I'll have to DL party and check it out. As I said above im not to PC savey so have stuck with paradise for years just for convienence. Thanks for feedback.