PDA

View Full Version : what do you do here?

Dominic
04-15-2005, 12:51 PM
early in a 6-handed SNG...

blinds are 15-30

I've got AJs in the small blind...one middle position limper...

I raise to $120....the BB and the limper both call.

Flop: AKx rainbow

I bet 250 into a $360 pot...the BB calls

Turn is a 9...pot is almost $900.

What do you put the BB on (I put him on a worse A than mine) and what do you do now?

nova
04-15-2005, 01:17 PM
You could put him on several hands. Obviously an ace is realistic, but you could be looking at AK or AQ. Some people like to raise preflop to isolate, some like to just see the flop to see if they should get away from it. Also possible high cards: your KJ or KQ. Straight draws are out there depending on what high cards were played (even J10).

Do you have him covered?

Dominic
04-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I neglected to mention we both had around 1400 in chips...if I bet the turn, I'm going to push, because betting half the pot gets me down under 500...if I check, I'm giving him the leeway to run a bluff or bet me off the best hand....

I just hate puting it all on the line with TP, okay kicker, you know?

I mean, he could have anything from AK to A9...and all of those except AJ and AT I'm in trouble against.

ewing55
04-15-2005, 02:29 PM
He could even be slowplaying rockets.

I'd check the turn and see what he does and make my decision from there. Without a read, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Kx. I'd probably check/call to the river without an allin from him.

But I'm a rookie, so don't put too much faith in my opinion. I just post it to get flamed!