PDA

View Full Version : Americans Spend 6.6 Billion Hours on Taxes

adios
04-15-2005, 12:26 PM
All that money (time is money) spent to make sure that Uncle Sam gets exactly what the tax laws say he should /images/graemlins/smile.gif. That is if they can figure out the tax code with any reasonable degree of certainty.

Americans Spend 6.6 Billion Hours on Taxes (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20050415/ap_on_go_ot/tax_burden)

andyfox
04-15-2005, 02:46 PM
All who look at the tax code, on the left and right, agree that it is a mess. The problem, of course, it that politicians are dealing with the problem, and that usually leads to a bigger mess. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Don't know whether it's true or not, but I heard somebody say today that since the current president took office in 2001, ten thousand pages have been added to the federal tax code.

andyfox
04-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Can't quite tell from the story, but I think the 6.6 billion hours refers only to the federal income tax. I would imagine, if that's the case, that the total number of hours involved in complying with all taxes would be double that, if not more.