PDA

View Full Version : Cold Pizza

Chairman Wood
04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Last night I ordered some pizza from this place in town that has "NY style" pizza. It was delicious and IMO they do the best job of any place in the country of trying to make a NY style pizza outside of NY. However, I had some leftovers today and it was terrible. And as far as I remember whenever I've had a NY style pizza as a leftover they all have been terrible. So basically I'm saying NY pizza sucks as a leftover. It really is the worst kind of pizza to have cold.
Discuss.

xadrez
04-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Have you ever eaten "NY" pizza the next day, in NY?

Chairman Wood
04-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Yes, once. I know sample size. I have eaten plenty of it by the slice fresh. Delicious.

zaxx19
04-15-2005, 12:06 PM
I love cold pizza....I love cold Chinese food....I love cold pasta.

Am I weird?

P.S. who would buy NY style when you could have Chicago style....now thats a meal.

IndieMatty
You are correct. Any chain pizza or chicago style pizza is makes much better cold pizza/reheated. Then New York.

FYI I am going over the bridge to Grimaldis for lunch.

Voltron87
I don't have any clue what NY pizza is. I was born and raised in New York City. I know it is good though.

Chairman Wood
Now that I think about this more I believe it has something to do with the crust. Whatever they do, i think it dries out quicker than other pizza.

Sweaburg
04-15-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love cold pizza....I love cold Chinese food....I love cold pasta.

Am I weird?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold food kicks ass. Especially soup.

astroglide
04-15-2005, 12:09 PM
st louis style pizza is the best cold pizza by a mile

Chairman Wood
04-15-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. who would buy NY style when you could have Chicago style....now thats a meal.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do prefer a deep dish also. However, NY pizza is still very good. It is especially good for a snack. Which is probably why you see it served by the slice at pizzerias that you can be in and out of in minutes in NY. On the other hand with Chicago style, it's impossible to eat on the go or just get it for a quick snack.

Chairman Wood
04-15-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really, I've never even heard of a St. Louis style. I'll have to try. What makes it unique? What is it like? What properties does it have that make it especially good the next day?

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really, I've never even heard of a St. Louis style. I'll have to try. What makes it unique? What is it like? What properties does it have that make it especially good the next day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother. It's repulsive. It's superr thin, crunchy, cracker-like crust with awful ketchuppy sauce. There's a place called Imo's that's realy disgusting there.

kerssens
04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother. It's repulsive. It's superr thin, crunchy, cracker-like crust with awful ketchuppy sauce. There's a place called Imo's that's realy disgusting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine now lives in St Louis, he said the same thing.

Chairman Wood
04-15-2005, 12:23 PM
How close is StL pizza to thin crust you order from Papa John's or some other chain?

astroglide
04-15-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How close is StL pizza to thin crust you order from Papa John's or some other chain?

[/ QUOTE ]

not the same. for example, papa john's uses red-colored corn syrup for sauce.

the key points of st louis style pizza are cracker-thin crust, provel cheese, small square slices.

Pocket Trips
04-15-2005, 12:42 PM
any pizza is good pizza but after living in the south for a few years i couldn't wait to get some REAL pizza once i got back home.

Same goes for bagels. Just can't get get bagels outside of NYC/ NJ area

Also I am glad this thread is not about the lame-as ESPN morning show

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also I am glad this thread is not about the lame-as ESPN morning show

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This was my fear as well.

fluxrad
04-15-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None. St. Louis style pizza is like Matsos with cheese and toppings on it. It's ok, but nothing I'd say you should be pining for.

astroglide
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
the cheese is totally unique. that and the crust are why it do so well out of the fridge.

renodoc
04-15-2005, 01:41 PM
nuke cold slice for about 20-30 sec, then place in frying pan on low-med heat for several min.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nuke cold slice for about 20-30 sec, then place in frying pan on low-med heat for several min.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very weird. Waht could this possibly accomplish that a toaster oven could not?