PDA

View Full Version : Sign him up

Toro
04-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Local hero, Doug Flutie was in attendance at last night Red Sox/Yankee game. And he caught a foul ball. Big deal, right? But how about this? He's caught a foul ball in the last four Sox games he's attended!!

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Local hero, Doug Flutie was in attendance at last night Red Sox/Yankee game. And he caught a foul ball. Big deal, right? But how about this? He's caught a foul ball in the last four Sox games he's attended!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you implying? They hit balls right to him on purpose?

Toro
04-15-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what are you implying? They hit balls right to him on purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right. Flutie is so revered in these parts that the Red Sox rig it that he gets a foul ball for a souveneir every game he attends.

He's also dealt quads in every session of Poker he plays at Foxwoods. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

xadrez
04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
As a non-new englander who spent several years living in Mass. one of the comedic highlights of my time there was Doug Flutie.

Everyone in Mass goes absolutely BONKERS over this guy. Hes on Wheaties boxes for christs sake. My friends mom bought 10!?!? Flutie Wheaties boxes when they came out...

Anyway, Some of my favorite Flutie related stories/quotes/myths, etc

-Flutie was a basketball player in High School and would sink these unbelievable buzzer beaters to beat Needham or Deadham (or some other town) EVERY YEAR.

-"Flutie Magic": the notion Flutie is capable of wielding some kind of magical force to perform unbelievable acts(this is what the catching foul balls story is obviously implying, LOTS of people are firm believers in "Flutie Magic")

-In an argument, a friend of mine (who wasnt even drunk or inebriated) compared Fluties acheivements to Babe Ruths'

-People actively trying to get Flutie to run for Mayor

-People getting irrationally angry when Flutie is benched by the Bills/Chargers

-And lastly, some argument about how Flutie blacklisted from the NFL after the strike in the 80's, and that is the reason he never had a starting job (of course its not because hes 4 foot 10)

Edge34
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hes on Wheaties boxes for christs sake. My friends mom bought 10!?!? Flutie Wheaties boxes when they came out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug Flutie doesn't need Wheaties. He's got Flutie Flakes. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

xadrez
04-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Doh,
Thats what I meant Flutie Flakes...not Wheaties...

mostsmooth
04-15-2005, 11:56 AM
he said he was sitting above the monster for one of the balls. thats pretty impressive to catch a foul ball there

Toro
04-15-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he said he was sitting above the monster for one of the balls. thats pretty impressive to catch a foul ball there

[/ QUOTE ]

Picky, picky. Okay to be technically correct. Four consecutive games catching a ball that left the playing field.

xadrez
04-15-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DONT QUESTION THE FLUTIE MAGIC

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DONT QUESTION THE FLUTIE MAGIC

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it like Luke with the lightsaber where he just drew it to him using the force? Perhaps he's a Jedi?