PDA

View Full Version : Texas Is Awful Big

HDPM
11-02-2002, 02:56 AM
In my celebrate-a-good-event-had-too-many-Maker's Marks- mood, upon which I commented below, I put some CD's in while I played with the hyper, no-hunt, no-account cur. Some of the selections included the Geto Boys and Dixie Chicks. First question- If I run for some office as a Republican, is it appropriate to play the Geto Boys' abortion anthem "The Unseen" as an answer to an interview question? If so, how would people classify my view on abortion? Tipper Gore and Jerry Falwell would have to collude to answer that. Next Texas (or at least Texas influenced question) is how to classify the Dixie Chicks? Forget the songs that get radio play, but off the commercially successful album "Fly", how do you pinpoint the songs "Sin Wagon" and "Hole In My Head"? These songs got no airplay on normal stations, crossover or not, but they blend several aspects of American music. For some other unplayed songs of theirs not getting airplay (OK, they played one on XM that I heard) see "White Trash Wedding" or "Tortured Tangled Hearts" on the Chicks' new album. Tell me how both the Geto Boys and at least some of the Chicks came from one state. Oh well, I have a Dick's Picks Dead playing and the dog is relaxing at last, so discuss amongst yourselves after sampling the songs on Amazon (if they're there) or going to your own collections of American trash.

scalf
11-02-2002, 10:43 AM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif hd..glad to see you are renewing a relationship with your pooch...real important if run for office..remember dick nixon and checkers...clinton and buddy...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Uston
11-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Since you mentioned the Geto Boys, I'll give you a good recommendation for an anthem should you win your election. "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangster" by Geto Boys. The following lyrics make it especially appropriate.

"So all you republicans that helped me to win
I'd sincerely like to thank you
Cause now I got the world swinging from my nuts
Damn it feels good to be a gangster."

I'd also recommend the edited version, unless your constituency really likes f-bombs.

Zeno
11-02-2002, 12:26 PM
Point #1. Yes, I agree. Tex-ass is really big. I've had to drive across the beastly place a few times. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Point # 2. Do not degraded yourself by running for office. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Point # 3. Mojo Nixon had group sex with the Dixie Chicks. And Nixon's Sock Ray Blue! CD is worth its weight in gold with such great songs as: The Ballad of County-Dick Montana, Drunk-Divorced Floozie (The Ballad of Diana Spencer) and Redneck Rampage. Check it out bubba. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

andyfox
11-03-2002, 01:15 AM
I won't comment on the content of your post, but if you leave off the last word of your post title, I would agree 100%.