PDA

View Full Version : Interesting large 4-way pot, L4

Calpeman
04-15-2005, 09:10 AM
From a 20+2 I played yesterday. Embarrassing played by me, but the situation is rather interesting. I would say the table was like your normal 20+2 table, maybe a bit more loose.

NL Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee
Level:4 Blinds(50/100)
Table Table 13786 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the buttonoukl
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: cingrao15 ( $635 )
Seat 4: jjp ( $1575 )
Seat 6: beta ( $880 )
Seat 7: tort ( $2325 )
Seat 8: jazz ( $1820 )
Seat 10: HERO ( $2765 )
beta: posts small blind 50
tort: posts big blind 100

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Tc Ts ]

jazz folds.
HERO raises to [300]
cinargo15 is all-in [635]
jjp calls [635]
beta folds.
tort calls [535]
HERO calls [335]
->Obviously I have to call here if not for the odds to make a set.

Pot $2590
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3h, 8s, 8c ]
HERO is all-in [2130]
jjp is all-in [940]
tort folds
Pot 4470
->In a weak moment I figured that I wanted to play this heads up with the guy who was all in preflop. This play is clearly an awful play and probably the worst possible option here, but what are my alternatives?

-I have to think that tort has something like AK or QQ as he probably would have raised KK or AA and would not have called with anything less. jjp could probably have a wider range of hands maybe QQ, JJ, AK and AQ. cinargo who went all-in preflop was a maniac and could have anything Ax or better.

-A small raise would not get overcards to fold in this large pot, so that is probably not a good solution. The all-in raise would usually get overcards out, but I will get called by JJ and better. The only two options left is check/calling and check/folding.

Any views on this?

Phil Van Sexton
04-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I think you were too focused on the small stack and big stack. You really have to worry about the medium stack who put almost 40% of his stack in preflop.

You did have to call preflop, but I think I'd check this flop. I'd probably call a min-bet, but this hand feels wrong.

I hate level 4.

Pokerscott
04-15-2005, 04:22 PM
You are getting about 7-1 on the call pre-flop. With a reraise all in, a call and another call, you can be pretty sure you have tons of over cards against you and are dominated by a bigger pair.

7-1 is not that great relative to the chance of hitting a set on the flop. Implied odds aren't that great either. I honestly think I dump it pre-flop. Close though. Post flop, the all in is insanity. Nothing changed and no way are you pushing out that bigger PP that we just decided is likely out there.

If that is going to be your play with any underflop, then you should definitely fold pre-flop due to the reverse implied odds /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Post flop treat your TT as a small pair (it is in this case) and 'no set no bet' it.

Pokerscott

ChrisCo
04-15-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are getting about 7-1 on the call pre-flop. With a reraise all in, a call and another call, you can be pretty sure you have tons of over cards against you and are dominated by a bigger pair.

7-1 is not that great relative to the chance of hitting a set on the flop. Implied odds aren't that great either. I honestly think I dump it pre-flop. Close though. Post flop, the all in is insanity. Nothing changed and no way are you pushing out that bigger PP that we just decided is likely out there.

If that is going to be your play with any underflop, then you should definitely fold pre-flop due to the reverse implied odds /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Post flop treat your TT as a small pair (it is in this case) and 'no set no bet' it.

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]

Your joking right? Fold preflop with 10 10 getting 7:1 with one loose maniac in the pot and still having a boatload of chips sitting behing you is ridiculous! There is absolutely no way you are folding this even if the other 2 opponents flash you aa and kk. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS FOLD!!!